PDA

View Full Version : Posible plate design

Mindcrime13
08-20-2008, 03:54 PM
hello, i found this vid

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6TCHBH5Eg

and a desing came to my mind, im using a water filter fot my HHO cell
like this one http://www.purewaterabode.com/images/NewCrystalQuestImages/Whole_house_water_filter_1.jpg

and for plates, i thought of 2 long threaded rods with washers, like a tower one tower +, one tower -

and place them, very close so the washers are kind of like stacked one on top of the other,

what do you guys think of this design? could it work? would ti draw to many amps? would it heat very much?

any input is appreciated

thanks!

sm0kin
08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
better yet do a washer 2-3 spacers and another washer all the way up. then on the 2nd rod start with 2-3 spacers then washer. you could push them together so the washers are actually over each other. prob not the most efficient tho. price of the rods and washers you could prob get a few plates put together and be more efficient

Mindcrime13
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
better yet do a washer 2-3 spacers and another washer all the way up. then on the 2nd rod start with 2-3 spacers then washer. you could push them together so the washers are actually over each other. prob not the most efficient tho. price of the rods and washers you could prob get a few plates put together and be more efficient

yea that is my plan :)

, i thought that a big surface washer would work better than plate, and since im just powering 2 rods i would no consume very much amps,

this is the type of washer im thinking of:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/dc/8c/cd54_1.JPG

they are quite cheap and SS, same for the rods, it wont cost me no more than 10 bucks.

just wondering if it would work better than plates

sm0kin
08-20-2008, 10:48 PM
prob would use alot of amps and heat up very quickly.

c02cutter
08-21-2008, 01:22 AM
I know a lot are involved with this type of design, but where or how do you tune it from. I know a lot are involved with this type of design, but where or how do you tune it from? If you have a pile of hardware that you have no clue what it is made of, how do you know...Have to ask that as I do know that just general stainless hardware is made in so many bull grades it is not funny.

best4u
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
cutter, I have been working with the SS washers and rods, using the moonshine jar. Output is pretty good. I am using 4 washers on one rod and 5 on the other with a nut between. I stack the washer +-+- . I also drilled the washers on hte side to overlap. Heat and current draw depends on your catalyst.I have tried baking soda and lye. I like lye the best. I have not found an accurate way to measure output.

hhonewbie
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Best4u

I was considering a washer/bolt configuration for its simplicity still yet to decide between plate, tube & washer/bolt.
What size is your cell(length & diameter), Amps & how many LPMs HHO you getting?
How big of a diameter can you get S/S washers?