PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up to vacuum

dlynds
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Using a generator and bubbler, I have heard that if hooked up to a vacuum, at shutdown, the coolant in the bubbler can flood the engine, or flood the generator. Could someone please set me straight on this issue.
I know that when using vacuum, the generator produces more HHO for some reason, but should one use vacuum, or simply pipe into the air intake ?
Replies will be appreciated.

Walt
08-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't hook to the vacuum but, it is plausable that if your bubbler is higher than the generator, when the vacuum stops you could get a siphon back to the generator. If your bubbler is lower it shoud be minimal.

godoveryou
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe in a turbine engine, or if it was to be connected to a vac. source close to a source of pressure like just in front of a turbocharger's inlet. Otherwise, your bubbler should be feed on it's underside, and forcing fluid up the tube into the gen would take significant pressure, considering the source of pressure in an ICE is the piston (which is not moving once shut off). As far as flooding your engine, if it doesn't do it under nearly 20 inches of vac. while running, it's not going to do it when the engine isn't running unless there's an outside exception like freezing tempatures which would cause the liquid to freeze and expand.