PDA

View Full Version : Full HHO design

Mindcrime13
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Ok guys, here the design im planing to build, im just looking for some input and if anybody noticed anything wrong let me know!

ok, first, the cells,

im planing on running 2 cell made from a water filter, both cells have 5 plates each separated by plastic washers, - N + N -

then, from the cell to a bubbler, and from the bubbler to the air intake close to the throttler right after the Maf.

on the electronics, a pwm for the cells (would i need 2 or 1?) with amp meter.

and a maff sensor enhancer ,

my car is a 2000 ford mustang V6,

what do you guys think on my posible set up, any suggestions?
how amny HHO could i produced with that, what gains can i expect?, both millage and power.

currently i get somewhere around 19-21 MPG

thanks!

smartHHO
08-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, first, most cells have your + on the outside. So, not sure that you will have a load of production. So more like +N-N+. Myself, I would probably go with some more N to get more production, but that is just me.

I am going to be running the smack design which puts out 1.3 - 1.7LPM.

+NNNNN--NNNNN+

Almost like having two cells. Might want to add another - in there since current does flow - to +. Voltage flows + to -. That way you can split the current up, have less heat and get better production results.

Hope this info is helpful.

Mindcrime13
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
yes, thanks for the plates configuration, i wasn't very sure about that, im thinking 2 cells since the water filter are not very large, i cannot accommodate lots of plates, so i figured 2 cells might do the trick.

would

+NN-NN+ work better than +N-N+ then?

smartHHO
08-21-2008, 03:37 PM
yes, thanks for the plates configuration, i wasn't very sure about that, im thinking 2 cells since the water filter are not very large, i cannot accommodate lots of plates, so i figured 2 cells might do the trick.

would

+NN-NN+ work better than +N-N+ then?

yes it should. I am using double -- in the middle just so there is a stronger current path and what not. Most are doing that. If you can fit the extra - in there, might want to add it. Normally we use 2 SS nuts, but you might be able to tighten it down by using just one.

It is all about surface area. More you have, the more you produce, but only up to a point. Then it's pointless unless you run more cells to get more production.

Mindcrime13
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
i was reading some other desings a guys did, +NNN-
how much could that set up work?

smartHHO
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
i was reading some other desings a guys did, +NNN-
how much could that set up work?

that would work. The other way that you are looking at:

+NNN--NNN+ is like having two cells in one.

The only way of doing one cell was lilke:

+NNN-.

People starting doing the other way due to it was making more production. Just as the case of wrapping the cell or even running it in DI water if you can get your hands on it.

Cruise the forums and you will see a lot of differnt ideas.

Build what you think will work for you. Test it out, see if it puts out a good amount of production, and run with it.

I know that ppl have gotten better results from a 1 - ? LPM production though. Under .6LPM you get low MPG. But also depends on the car. Some cars don't use it effectiently enough like others.

good luck.

Mindcrime13
08-21-2008, 03:54 PM
yes exactly now that you mention it

is +NNN--NNN+ but in 2 cells, so it might work, im gonna try that set up first!

thanks a lot for your help!:D

DaneDHorstead
08-21-2008, 08:33 PM
How much room do you have?

Using a three plate, or even a five plate cell, your going to draw an awful lot of heat.

I build 17 plate electrodes, that are 1.5 inches thick, 3 inches wide, and 6.5 inches tall.

Each plate is 0.039 thick (22 gage), and spaced, 0.045 apart (304 grade stainless).

Using Acrylic sheet, and acetone to seal the edges like glue, you could easilly build a very compact canister for it, and run very cool, with great production.

Using this method, you can make the canister to be just slightly over the electrode size.

The more neutral plates you use, the cooler the unit will run.

Mindcrime13
08-22-2008, 01:32 AM
im using this plates:

http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/04/8e/5cf7_1.JPG

Stainless Steel 304 Plates Gauge 20, Each plate is 2" wide x 6" long.

i won them on ebay for 25 bucks:D

for the cell im using this:

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f7/28/3d58_1.JPG
- Dimensions: 4 3/4" O.D. X 12" H

Mindcrime13
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
im gonna try diferent configurations, to see wich is better,

first i will try +nnn- , then +n-n+, i could also try + - + - + , but i heard this last one is very ineficient and draw many amp wich much heat, im not sure. but ill try it!

DaneDHorstead
08-23-2008, 04:32 PM
im gonna try diferent configurations, to see wich is better,

first i will try +nnn- , then +n-n+, i could also try + - + - + , but i heard this last one is very ineficient and draw many amp wich much heat, im not sure. but ill try it!
Ideal configuration is to use five neutrals between a positive, and negative.

Most alternators are providing somewhere around 14 volts (not just 12),.

And, for every cell (cell is the gap between plates), there is an approximate 2 volt drop.

With 14 volts input, and two volt drop per cell, the +NNNNN- configuration provides for the 14 volt to drop to a 2 volt output, at the ground lug.

14 12 10 8 6 4 2 anything less than the five neutral plates, yields too much heat, causing problems. Use minimal catalyst, and if need be add additional generators in the same configuration, but wire them in parallel, using separate fuse/breakes.

countryboy18
08-23-2008, 06:03 PM
that was the best explanation of how the power is used in a cell i have ever read. you rock!

so the best plate spacing is?

the best voltage between the plates is 2 volts.

the best number of plates is 5 N and 1+ and 1- in a cell

when you said wire multable cell in perallel that mean the there is a + and a - going from the battery to each cell?. not going from cell to cell?

Mindcrime13
08-24-2008, 12:54 AM
awsome, thanks for the post im gonna try that and see what i get, thanks!

ejohnson44004
08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I'n running a 4" CPVC generator with a 12 plate cofiguration set up like this +NNNN--NNNN+.The generator holds 2.5L of electrolyte (distilled water and 1 2/3tsp. of Sodium Hydroxide)The generator puts out 1.5LPM of HHO. and draws 17amps and seems to be running excellent. I've been running the generator for about a month with absolutely no problems. Good luck. Hope this can help.
Forgot to mention, the plate material is no more than 2"X4" stainless steel light switch covers purchased at Home Depot. All plates were sanded in a cross hatch pattern and alcohol washed before installation.Plate separation is 1/16".

Painless
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
All plates were sanded in a cross hatch pattern and alcohol washed before installation.Plate separation is 1/16".

What grade of sandpaper did you use for the cross hatching?

Chris65
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
What grade of sandpaper did you use for the cross hatching?

I'm not the original poster, but I always use 36 grit paper. If you can't find it in the stores you frequent, most auto stores that sell paint and body repair supplies have it.