PDA

View Full Version : 02 F150

F150
08-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Im a newbie but I can at least tell you where Im at in the process.
several 40 mile tests and only one 60 mile test
19mpg at 5 amps
22mpg at 10amps
and no sensor modifications!

Hawaiian
08-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Where are you injecting the HHO? Vac line or at the air intake?

F150
08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
vaccuum line only at this point. I spliced in with a tee fitting passenger side of intake. See the attached pic. My generator hides behind my head light.

Hawaiian
08-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Nice. Are your gains steady?

F150
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes and no.
Im consistant with 19mpg at 5amps and 22mpg at 10amps
10amps boils my water after 20min

My work comute is 22miles each way so my tests are never longer that 30 minutes at a time. I do wait 60-80 miles or 2-3 days before fueling up and checking mpg. But I have yet to drive for an hour strait and see how things respond.

I know I need to work on the heat issue. There are many suggestions, parallel generators or add a small radiator. Im going to try increasing my water capacity, I figure it takes way longer to boil a gallon than 2cups of water.

I also noticed this weekend I filled up did about 30 miles of in town driving only. Constantly shifting and accelerating to get into next gear. When I filled back up to do a 60 mile freeway test I had gotten 9mpg! I may need to shut off my system when I drive in town. Or find out why people plumb HHO to both vacuum lines and air filter.

Long story. It works and Im a believer. Still learning alot.

smartHHO
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes and no.
My work comute is 22miles each way so my tests are never longer that 30 minutes at a time. I do wait 60-80 miles or 2-3 days before fueling up and checking mpg. But I have yet to drive for an hour strait and see how things respond.

I know I need to work on the heat issue. There are many suggestions, parallel generators or add a small radiator. Im going to try increasing my water capacity, I figure it takes way longer to boil a gallon than 2cups of water.

I also noticed this weekend I filled up did about 30 miles of in town driving only. Constantly shifting and accelerating to get into next gear. When I filled back up to do a 60 mile freeway test I had gotten 9mpg! I may need to shut off my system when I drive in town. Or find out why people plumb HHO to both vacuum lines and air filter.

Do you have a picture of your cell setup. 10 amps boiling does not make sense. I know to me it would make sense on cell design, if you boil at such a low amperage. The smack cell does not boil at 10 amps and thus puts out some high output. If you can show a pic of it or even the layout, IE +NN- and what spacing, that might be an issue too.

F150
08-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I was thinking it was because my container was too small and not enough water.

(+NNNN-) each plate is 1/8 x 1 x 5. This is in 20 inches of 1 1/2 PVC. Holds a half a liter of water.

smartHHO
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I was thinking it was because my container was too small and not enough water.

(+NNNN-) each plate is 1/8 x 1 x 5. This is in 20 inches of 1 1/2 PVC. Holds a half a liter of water.

I would say you need more liquid/space. I am using small for pure output test, but for the real deal, I am going to go bigger. Think of it this way.

Take a small pan of water and put it with some flame on stove to boil it. Time the time it takes to boil it.

Then do same thing with a pan that has 3 times as much. Takes way longer to boil. Same applies here. Physics stays the same. Takes longer for heat to transfer thru the water and by then the bubbles have cooled it some, so it only gets so hot.

redneckgearhead34
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
also the bigger the container the larger the surface area the more heat transfer

HALS-GUNSMITHING
10-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Yes and no.

People plum to the air intake because at higher RPMs you loose your vacum.

JonDoh
10-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Hey F150!

Here's a few tips I've learned from installing several units

1) Install the cell unit in front of the radiator
2) Use a bubbler/reservoir to help recirculate the water from your cell
3) Install a one way check valve in your supply line.
4) Build a dry cell :) It'll lower your temp & amps with an increase in LPM

joe38socalif
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
HOW DOES

A bubbler/reservoir help recirculate the water from your cell

Bassman
12-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I have a 2002 F-150 Crew Cab with a 5.4 liter engine. I am running a single cell with a PWM installed. I made a trip this week that was 150 miles each way. I got 21.1 mpg going and on the return trip, I was hauling a refrigerator and a hot water tank and running against a lot of head wind and got 19.3 mpg. That was quite a surprise for me. Needles to say, I am very pleased.

I am interested in the bubbler that circulates the Naoh solution but at the same time, I don't want any getting into my aluminum intake and heads. Wouldn't you have to leave a lot of gas space above the liquid in order to control that and at the same time would it not make a large explosion in case of a back fire?

I am running vinegar in my bubbler right now and on my return I heard a pop from somewhere in my engine compartment. I stopped and checked and couldn't see any sign of a problem and can only speculate that it might have been in my bubbler and it contained it. It is made out of 1 inch schedule 40 PVC and would take a large explosion to rupture it. I think....

Smokem
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
That's usually only if you dump it wide open. I had to go from idle to WOT to get my 6.0 to dump vacuum. Normal driving and even aggressive accelerating it doesn't lose vacuum.

Smokem
02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
hey f150!
Got an update?
My father has a 4.6 in his truck and wants to get something going and I was thinking this might be the route we go for.

Mulenson
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
hello F150. i am new to this and really want to get my 2000 F150 5.4 going. tired of 12 mpg. have you had to do anything with O2 sensors or maps?