PDA

View Full Version : A possible way around the ECU problems.

Neoclimber
08-24-2008, 05:58 PM
I was thinking about all the problems caused by the extra oxygen in the system and the leaning of the mixture. Could some of the issues be solved by separating the Hydrogen from the Oxygen and just hooking the hydrogen up to the intake vac system?

Cadillac
08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes and no. It would most likely stop the O2 sensors from running rich from sensing the extra oxygen. On the other hand the car still does not account for the hydrogen so would probably still run a stock fuel map, no MPG gains.

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Yes and no. It would most likely stop the O2 sensors from running rich from sensing the extra oxygen. On the other hand the car still does not account for the hydrogen so would probably still run a stock fuel map, no MPG gains.

*IN THE THEORY THIS POST IS MADE IN*

The correction tables would account for the extra fuel. The lookup charts aren't that rigid. However, that's just the theory presented in this question, not in reality of how O2 sensor's work.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Get a good HHO system you like, one that you want to keep.

Go to a tuning shop, get a new chip and have them dial it in with their computers.

Or get really good EFIEs and MAP & MAF sensor adjustors.

JojoJaro
08-26-2008, 02:02 AM
I think folks are misunderstanding the location and purpose of the o2 sensor. The o2 sensor is located in the exhaust pipe. It senses the amount of o2 left in the exhaust by comparing it with the o2 level in the outside air. The ECM will add or lean the mixture depending on the amount of o2 in the exhaust to achieve a stoich reaction. This is called short-term and long-term fuel trim.

smartHHO
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I think folks are misunderstanding the location and purpose of the o2 sensor. The o2 sensor is located in the exhaust pipe. It senses the amount of o2 left in the exhaust by comparing it with the o2 level in the outside air. The ECM will add or lean the mixture depending on the amount of o2 in the exhaust to achieve a stoich reaction. This is called short-term and long-term fuel trim.

As far as I understoon the O2 sensor from a website that explained it. This is what it said.

O2 sensor off the manifold and before the catalyc convertor senses the amount of O2 and fuel not burned so to speak. The CC then burns what fuel did not go in the cylinder and burns it. The one O2 sensor behind the CC then compares the two and sees if it needs to lean it out even more or add fuel. You have to waste fuel, due to the big Oil companies due want you do do this, thus the CC. If damn environmentalists, and Big Oil did not have their claws in everything, then we would not have a CC and O2s on cars and we could just do it the old fashion way. lean the car out on a dino for optimal gas milage and consumption.

godoveryou
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
O2 sensors don't "Sense" Oxygen. I've posted to death about this....

If that's the case, wire up your sensor, heat it, and blow compressed oxygen on either side of it. You will find no major voltage change. Then hold it at the end of your cars tailpipe. Watch voltage change as fuel passes over it. Oxygen sensors don't monitor oxygen but many companies have damn near made a living out of producing material that states just that. It's only as wrong as saying there were WMD's in Iraq... yes, only "That wrong."

GOY

JojoJaro
08-27-2008, 12:39 AM
O2 sensors don't "Sense" Oxygen. I've posted to death about this....

If that's the case, wire up your sensor, heat it, and blow compressed oxygen on either side of it. You will find no major voltage change. Then hold it at the end of your cars tailpipe. Watch voltage change as fuel passes over it. Oxygen sensors don't monitor oxygen but many companies have damn near made a living out of producing material that states just that. It's only as wrong as saying there were WMD's in Iraq... yes, only "That wrong."

GOY

Narrowband o2 sensor can detect the difference between 2 sources of o2. Wideband o2 sensors can detect the actual amount of o2.

I don't know what you mean by o2 sensors don't sense oxygen.

Cadillac
08-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I kind of thought that is where the name Oxygen sensor came from.

smartHHO
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Narrowband o2 sensor can detect the difference between 2 sources of o2. Wideband o2 sensors can detect the actual amount of o2.

I don't know what you mean by o2 sensors don't sense oxygen.

Exactly. I guess GOY does not go and read how the O2 sensors work in the system. I guess the car companies have no clue on how they work either. I guess I need to go and email each one that I read the information on the site from and tell them that this guy named GOY on our forums says you are wrong. And then go and tell all the engineers at my company they need to remove the O2 sensors due to they do not sense O2, but just sense Heat. Hmm, considering there is NO heat on our systems and I have been using these things, and calibrating them to 'O2' for over 13 years. I guess I have been doing this S#@! for my health!

singnpreacher
08-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Get a good HHO system you like, one that you want to keep.

Go to a tuning shop, get a new chip and have them dial it in with their computers.

Or get really good EFIEs and MAP & MAF sensor adjustors.

If you have a MAF sensor enhancer, do you also need an EFIE?

HION
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Anyone have or know anyone who has one of the smart chips from VOLO? Here is the link:
http://www.voloperformance.com/fuelsaver.html

HiTechRedNeck73
09-29-2008, 12:09 AM

actually it's only the latest generation 5-wire o2 sensors that use the outside air... all other prior generations have a container of air inside the unit to compared to...

here is the thread I did about the way o2 sensors work... got all the info from the manufacturer...

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428