PDA

View Full Version : Car Batteries

GoatboyX
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
ok so after thinking about it, and cutting a car battery in half with a saw, i found out that all a car battery is is an electrolysis generator. ATV batteries and other smaller batteries are sold with the acid in a separate pouch so you can fill the battery up yourself. is it possible to just fill the battery up with water/electrolyte, then attach your regular car battery up to it? if this could work all you would have to do is attach hoses to the fill spot on each of the batteries' cells and bridge them. the material inside the battery is lead, so it wont corrode.

Westcoastrocks
08-26-2008, 12:51 AM
ok so after thinking about it, and cutting a car battery in half with a saw, i found out that all a car battery is is an electrolysis generator. ATV batteries and other smaller batteries are sold with the acid in a separate pouch so you can fill the battery up yourself. is it possible to just fill the battery up with water/electrolyte, then attach your regular car battery up to it? if this could work all you would have to do is attach hoses to the fill spot on each of the batteries' cells and bridge them. the material inside the battery is lead, so it wont corrode.

Maybe...I would imagine that the to run a battery off a battery would take a lot of power.

JojoJaro
08-26-2008, 01:59 AM
This has been discussed before. I think the consensus was the electrode material is not suitable for electrolysis.

I brought up a similar thought with the Nickel-Iron battery. Read my thread on it.