PDA

View Full Version : Soon to come

c02cutter
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM
As a response to here and other places I have sold plates too. I will have the have all the hardware pieces to assemble the Mummy Cell as a complete kit form, or as just ordering hardware pieces. At first I will only have the pieces involved for the Mummy Cell, but over time will start to handle other size hardware.

All hardware will be 5/16”, and will be these items...

2pcs. Nylon all thread 2 1/2” long 5/16 x 18 thread
4pcs. Nylon nuts 5/16 x 18
2pcs. 316 stainless steel nuts
24pcs. Nylon washers .062” thick

This is a minimum to do the cell. But will offer the heavy duty kit also.

As for your terminal connections, I leave that to the customer as there are too many variables to a persons design. I have also held off in finishing the pdf till these components come in, wanted to do the picks with parts that I can get all the time for the cells. I hated the doing it out of stuff I bought from the discount hardware stores as I had to substitute with dissimilar parts.

I am also working on a heat shrink deal. Just not far enough along to share more on it.

I will work up pricing for the kit tomorrow, but wanted you all to know it is a happening thing. I am working on it all actively. Time frame for this all to happen is approximately a week, maybe a week and a half. Some of the parts in the quantities involved are 7 to 10 day lead time on my ordering for me.

Just a heads up, happy building all!!!

SamB52
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey, Cutter
Do you think you can cut 316L in the shapes used for "Sid Cells"? AKA dry cells...the ones where the plates are stacked with gaskets in between. Here's the link:
http://www.fireinthewater.com/
The thing is, these cells have no leakage currents around the edges, and seem to have a little higher efficiency. This may be where the market is going. After the cell is assembled you can still change the +nnn- configs to whatever you want, since the contacts are on the outside.
Just a thought. If I am mistaken I would love to know it...I remain an humble student of this science!

c02cutter
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes I can cut any configuration you can think up. The only limitation is materials involved, as I will not cut pvc plastics on my machines. It produces hydrochloric gas that is bad for me and bad to the machines.

JojoJaro
08-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Eric, do you have longer straps? I plan to install in a 10" Water filter housing. 10" is the length of the filter cartridge, so a longer strap is needed so that it can be bent and then bolted to the 2 posts on top of the filter housing. I suggest that you build a long strap (maybe 10") that can be cut by the customer depending on the length he requires.

Can you sell the bolts and nuts for the 2 posts also. I hate having to order just these parts from McMaster-Carr and have to pay shipping just for it.

What is the assembled dimension of the mummy cell. What needs to be the diameter of the housing for it to fit?

I am eagerly awaiting your kit. I plan to build 4 or 5 of these things to reach me goal of at least 4 LPM for the Duramax.

c02cutter
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
For the time being I won't sell the bolts and nuts to go through the container. It is just too much to fast. As it is I have been using all my free time and time at work just to get stuff out the door. With the addition of hardware I am building a web store for the cell kits, and the separate pieces to purchase. So for now I am only doing what I am able.

Once I get everything in place and running smoothly, I will add additional hardware as it is part of the plan. There just isn't enough time in the day to work a full time job and get it all done quickly. I wish I could! But I'm not willing to let someone else build the store.

As for the pipe it would fit in, 4” without a catch. It is just a touch too big for 3”. As for assembly dimensions, I'll wait on that for the new hardware to come in as it will be different than what I have built from the Home Depot adventure.