PDA

View Full Version : Help for Hookup on a 1980 carbed 300

Dean88
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Hello everybody, I am new to HHO and am in the process of experimenting with building an elctrolisizer. I have a few questions just to get started. I am hoping to get better mileage out of my 1980 F100 with a 300 straight six with over 220,000 miles. It has a singe barrel carb and no emissions equipment.

1. Any links to a "tried and true" design that is good for a beginner

2. Do I hook up the HHO gas line to the PCV port, or is there a better spot?

3. How much do I need to lean out my fuel mixture on my carb to get the best bennefits?

4. I've heard that my timing will need to be changed? Does it need to be retarted or advanced and by how much?

5. What keeps the motor from just sucking out all of the water from the jar because of the vacuum?

Stratous
06-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I am not sure about installing on catburated vehicles as I havent tried it. Could you put a carb spacer that has a vaccum port on your vehicle? Does your carb have any vaccum ports that are not used? If so, I would use those as manifold vaccum is alot higher. If your hho injection tubing is rated for full vaccum and your container is solid, you should not have to worry about the electrolyte being sucked out of your generator. As for tried and tested designs, There are several designs talked about on these boards. There is also alot of information and videos on Youtube. If you need specific answers, please ask. I will help if I can, as I am sure will several others on these boards.

Ronjinsan
06-17-2008, 05:24 AM
NB here guys....make sure your container can take the 18 or 20inches of vacuum before using it! you will need to test it quickly on the car, have somebody else handy to start and stop the engine while you watch it. Unless the container and lid are very strong it may implode! Trust me I did it myself......Cheers

John79
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
You can hook into the vac. line going to the brake booster with a tee. It shouldn't affected anything as long as your cell is well sealed with no leaks. With the cell in a vaccum hydrogen production increases quite a bit.

gasmakr
06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
tapping into the brake booster line is not a good idea...if for any reason your cell gets a vac. leak you lose brakes:eek:...as far as leaning it out general rule of thumb is one size smaller on the jets you should see a good gain:)