PDA

View Full Version : Is someone trying to put HHO on Marine Engine???

FleshY
08-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi, New momber here, Hello to all of you.
I have Regal 2150 LSC with Volvo Penta 4.3 (Carburator) can i put HHO system? If any one has any expirience pls let me know :) Tnx

fuelcommander
08-26-2008, 09:41 AM
hello fleshy, Im sure you could run your regal on the HHO mixture. (Those 4.3l love the fuel dont they;-) ) Im building systems for the OTR truck industry, with those motors being 16+ Liters and seeing a significant savings, your boat should see some gains from HHO too.
Cheers.

FleshY
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah...im hoping that for the next summer i will have more hours, i mean less fuel consumption :)

jtmarten
08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I've been thinking about this also. Does it matter if there is no MAP, O2 sensor, etc? I have a 23' Daycruiser Jetboat with a 454, Holley 750 vac 4bbl. I get about 2.1mpg cruising @3200rpm. If I could get 3-4 that would be great!!

FleshY
08-28-2008, 03:02 AM
4BBL.......i know what is happening to your fuel...ITS gone :) In Octomber we will start testing it on my boat, we will see :)

MAP, O2 sensor, etc? i want to as the same Q :confuYou want 3-4 mpg....thats like 50% better :eek:
There is a lot of vibrations on the boat, we will see if we can make some bubller thats shockproof.....

PS: Yesterday i got HUGE spark in the Bubller....Hehehehe I`m still here :)

Jaxom
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
If anything, not having the sensors to contend with will make it easier. Just build a generator that runs cool and stable, plumb it to the engine, and adjust the carb for the reduced fuel demand. You may also need to retard the timing a little.

Marine engines run the same as car engines, only with fewer transient conditions and no emissions devices to hinder you.