PDA

View Full Version : Mileage Gains?

Hawaiian
06-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Aloha! Just cussious to see everyones Mileage Gains? I will be installing a HHO kit on my 2008 Honda Ridgeline.

What kind of gains have you all experienced?
Also what's the year, make, and model or your vehicle?
What kind of HHO kit do you have home made or prefab?

Thanks for the input!

Ronjinsan
06-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Hiya Hawaiian

Most of the guys on this site are garage tinkerers who like to roll their own. Maybe one or two guys who bought units actually found their way here. Beacause this is an international site you may need to do some conversions with the data you recieve! For instance, We dont have your model of car in my country so a good thing to do is add the engine size and number of pistons when you post. Also just jot in the intake configuration ie carb, injection, diesel etc. My VW Golf 1600cc is 4cyl with carb was doing 10 to 12kkms to a litre...best I have had so far was 23.46kms to a litre on my 9plate cell....Cheers :D

Hawaiian
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info! Thats a huge gain! Do you have specs on the kit in your vehicle?

Ronjinsan
06-18-2008, 04:35 AM
My cell specs are on this site several times as are some from other members. The more you experiment and play around the better you will get the feel for what works! Best of Luck!

gheuett
06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
I found one very good piece of advice (probably on this forum). That is to pick up one model first and follow it through. And with that, don't chase too many variables at once because you'll never know what is really making the impact. My plan is to get the vanilla Smacks booster going in my car and benchmark any mileage gains. After that, I'll start varying the plates; go with better stainless steel; add the PWM, EFIE; look at additional gas inputs on the manifold and just drape these changes on bit by bit until I have the system that seems to work best. After that, I'll attack all my other cars with it.

Good luck!
Gib

Ronjinsan
06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Now thats what I like to hear ....sensible approach, methodical, use other peoples research without question until you prove it wrong! Well done Gib, if you need help just post it!

gheuett
06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Believe me - I will! You guys have been great already!
Gib

gasmakr
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Now thats what I like to hear ....sensible approach, methodical, use other peoples research without question until you prove it wrong! Well done Gib, if you need help just post it!

Exactly, learning fromour mistakes will save you headaches and time....therefore less time spent on building and testing the sooner you can save money on gas!!!!:D