PDA

View Full Version : 100 Plates

Westcoastrocks
08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Okay so my uncle has a friend who claims that he has a 100 plate setup that makes 50LPM of HHO Gas and he only draws 5 amps. I said I would believe it when i see it. Does anyone here think that is possible? He says that if you keep adding plates your amps goes down and your HHO Gas goes up. Sounds like to me he just put every gas company in the world out of business.

Westcoastrocks
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh and he Only puts 2 connections on the whole cell. Positive on one end and Negative on the other. The other 98 plates are all neutral.

c02cutter
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
hmmmm... take pics...lol

Phantom240
08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh and he Only puts 2 connections on the whole cell. Positive on one end and Negative on the other. The other 98 plates are all neutral.

I call bullshit. The only way would be if the plates are connected in a way that you only need one positive and one negative, with all other positives and negatives connected to the plates by straps or whatever.

Stevo
08-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, I hope he's careful with that!! Seems like it would be quite hazardous if a spark were to sneak it's way in the picture since he's making sooo much hydrogen. Also, I would guess he's running 120-130 volts. Man, the heat has got to be outrageous even with those 98 neutral plates! LOL! :)

dennis13030
08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay so my uncle has a friend who claims that he has a 100 plate setup that makes 50LPM of HHO Gas and he only draws 5 amps. I said I would believe it when i see it. Does anyone here think that is possible? He says that if you keep adding plates your amps goes down and your HHO Gas goes up. Sounds like to me he just put every gas company in the world out of business.

I do not believe it. I know someone who knows a drunk guy that says "the sky is falling". Stating an AMP value is meaningless without knowing the applied voltage. This is why it is ALWAYS better to state the input in terms of Volts and Amps(or Watts).

For example; what if I had an electrolyzer that produced 100 LPM at 2 Amps. This sounds great right? But what I failed to mention is it requires 10000 VDC and it gets hotter than hell and it's size takes up a whole room. Now it's not a good as it seems.

SamB52
08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
The 100 plate cell with one wire at each end is the Bob Boyce cell, dead out. He converts the 12vdc to 120vac with an inverter, runs it to a variac, then rectifies it to dc and applies it to the ends of the cell. It is a series cell, where there is no avenue for current around the ends of the plates. But...he usually runs it at about 15 lpm, in his Toyotie Prius.
I guess most of you folks probably know this already, but it seemed like the thing to do to mention it here in case some new folks haven't run across it.

It's a heavy sucker...has to put it in his trunk. It works pretty well, he can turn the output up and down from the driver's seat with the variac...but it is not what you would call extremely exciting. (Sorry, Bob) He has pushed his Prius mileage up into the 60's.

Now if it was a Dodge Hemi Truck with 345HP getting 60 mpg, that would be exciting!

SamB52
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Here's a video of Smack interviewing Bob, showing his electrolyzer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOozaNPvfTA&feature=related