PDA

View Full Version : Alternate design questions

VanHalen
08-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Before joining this forum, I installed a system similar to W4G. Basically two quart containers with an electrode wrapped tower in the middle. I have been thinking of building my own, but I don't want to use plates as I don't know much about them. What I was thinking is an increase in 316l wire would give me an increase in production. I assumed the surface area of plates give them more output, so I figured adding more wire would help a little bit. And I figured that 316l wires may be more stable with less power, but I'm no expert. Also, what material is good for making a container, or any prebuilt around the following specs- I'm thinking in the area of 1ft long, 6in wide, by about 1ft tall. Any info is appreciated.

scrode
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I have been thinking of building my own, but I don't want to use plates as I don't know much about them.
Don't be afraid to try plates. They are easy to put toghether. Listen to the more knowledgeable people here. From what I've learned here,and from trial and error plates give you the surface area that wire just cant give. And it's easier to figure in the volts per cell with plates.

from a rookie that's still learning

Q-Hack!
08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Also, what material is good for making a container, or any prebuilt around the following specs- I'm thinking in the area of 1ft long, 6in wide, by about 1ft tall. Any info is appreciated.

A lot of folks here are using CPVC plumbing pipe. Its cheap and easy to work with, and comes in many sizes. It also is good up to about 180 degrees F. (83 C)

VanHalen
08-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Seems like a good idea. Is there any way to run a seperate hose straight vertical or something in order to see the water level easier?

Q-Hack!
08-30-2008, 02:16 AM
You mean like this?

Mind you this isn't mine (still installed in the vehicle), but it is set up the same. Just two angled 1/2 MIP to 1/4 barb fittings with a chunk of hose between them.

VanHalen
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Yea thats exactly what I was thinking, thanks for the image. Another question, I connect my hho generator to a vaccuum line ONLY, it's t'd into what I can only guess is the map sensor, on my 84 blazer. Any suggestions on what I should do differently?

EltonBrandd
09-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Yea thats exactly what I was thinking, thanks for the image. Another question, I connect my hho generator to a vaccuum line ONLY, it's t'd into what I can only guess is the map sensor, on my 84 blazer. Any suggestions on what I should do differently?

dont connect to vacuum, it can be very dangerous. Run the gas as close as you can to the throttle plate.