PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler size?

PAPAFIXIT
08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
What size should a bubbler be, volumewise, to be effective for a flashback arrestor?
-
-

Life is an ongoing learning process, when we cease to learn we cease to exist.

Q-Hack!
08-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I have seen them as small as a 1" piece of vinyl tubing and as large as the generator itself. I think it doesn't really matter that much as long as you have the HHO flowing through water of some sort. If you ever get to the point where HHO production is a steady stream of gas through your bubbler (and not just a series of bubbles), Then you will need to think about going larger.

hydrotinkerer
08-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I read somewhere that aquarium stones in a bubbler broke up the steady stream of gas. I have never tried it, but it's an idea.

Painless
08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
What size should a bubbler be, volumewise, to be effective for a flashback arrestor?
-
-

Life is an ongoing learning process, when we cease to learn we cease to exist.

I personally think a bubbler should be at least the size of a soda can, mine is personally bigger than this built from a floor junction box. The most important fact is that the bubbler has a 'path of least resistance' for the explosion to release it's power in a safe fashion, a pop off cap or similar is the best thing here.

This will also save you rebuilding a new bubbler should you get a flashback.

Q-Hack!
08-31-2008, 10:54 AM
I personally think a bubbler should be at least the size of a soda can, mine is personally bigger than this built from a floor junction box. The most important fact is that the bubbler has a 'path of least resistance' for the explosion to release it's power in a safe fashion, a pop off cap or similar is the best thing here.

This will also save you rebuilding a new bubbler should you get a flashback.

Everybody should be using a pop-off cap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZN7Su2tL4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWpdtC6TJ8k

Mine is also on my bubbler and not on the generator like Zero's, but for reasons of safety you should have one.