PDA

View Full Version : 2004 350Z / Mass airflow sensor / O2 sensor

linuxbox
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Hello. i was thinking of getting the thermo1.com unit and was reading their FAQ here:
http://www.thermo1.com/faq.htm

i have a 2004 nissan 350Z which i know has a MAF and most likely O2 sensors. i know exactly where my MAF is on the intake of course. reading the FAQ here i'm seeing two things; a "Mass Air Flow Controller Module” MAFCM and an “Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer” (EFIE).
my question though is would i need both?? my understanding is that the O2 sensors are on the exhaust or catylitic converters corrrect?

Ideally it would be best if i could simply drill a hole in my intake AFTER the MAF so as to bypass it completely and not need the EFIE; however i'm not certain if i would need the EFIE to be honest.

If i DO need the EFIE, then my thinking is that something would need to be implemented like a relay or switch of some type that knew whether or not we were making hydrogen so as to block the path of electricity through the EFIE if we were NOT making hydrogen, so as to not harm the engine by making it run too lean. but if we WERE making hydrogen, block the path of electricity straight to the O2 sensor and make it go through the EFIE to indeed trick the O2 sensor and ECU so it would run leaner for the extra HHO mix into the engine so we could actually get the MPG benefits; which is the whole idea behind this deal anyway.

Anyway, can some folks shed some light on this because i'm new to the scene but very interested. i simply don't want to mess up a nice vehicle in the process!! and i'd rather build my own HHO booster to be honest but i'm more concerned right now with the proper steps to take for my vehicle even if i had the best most productive booster on the planet!

thanks folks!