PDA

View Full Version : Info on Ford v10 gas motor

bigsmoke1956
09-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have info on ford v10, does this model have have automatic default back orig. setting when trying to adjust the O2 sensors

hydrotinkerer
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have info on ford v10, does this model have have automatic default back orig. setting when trying to adjust the O2 sensors

I'm not sure what you are asking, A little more info would help.:confused:

Cadillac
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I got to be honest with you here if the addition of the HHO on this V10 does not improve mileage by itself I would not recommend that you in any way attempt to tamper with the sensors.

V10s are quite complex. I tried to do an engine swap involving a BMW V12. I was shocking to find out that it required two aftermarket computers to run the engine. The project was never complete. Still have the engine in the garage if anyone is interested. Same engine used in the Mclaren F1.

With the cylinder count I would think that achieving some MPG gains with no manipulations would be possible. Getting it mixed properly in the intake would be a bit of an issue.

chevytruckman1234
09-12-2008, 07:15 AM
there shouldnt be an automatic default back to some value. What it will do if it doesnt see an O2 voltage it may go into limp home mode which just sets everything to a specific value and ignores the sensors.

Ride-4-Fun
12-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Try this, I was told that in many cases the computer will adapt on it's own once it is reset. There is a shut down procedure for every computer. Most times it is as simple as disconnecting the power for a 1/2 hour and sometimes it requires disconnection and connecting the battary cabels together. One definate on the ford is that when you do the correct shut down on it the computer looses the keyless button door settings and it a dealer only reset procedure.
I have also been told the ford has the best computer for this procedure and results are ranging around 20%.
I have a surbaban and the computer was a sucker. I am actually taking a different approach. I actually purchased a suzuki samuari to start with as a project platform to find paremeters that can then be transposed to the problem child. I need definates as to where to start. You need good steady production first then you can get into the computer.
I have a 21 plate 4 n design cell wired with each cell individual attached to a 2.5 Gal. tank. I have consistant adjustable cool output from ~.5-3 LPM. First I need to actually know how much output is needed per engine size (nobody seems to have the answer) then need to do timing and such. I can tell you it is an 88 and this stuff set off the check engine light at 1 LPM. I just don't believe the computer will off set anything though.
I will make a post with my findings when completed.