PDA

View Full Version : double stacking?

Nat Hat
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had ever stacked to cells vertically. Due to low amounts of space in my car I would like to use 3" pipe but I want a 16 plate setup heres what I think it would look like
++n--n++
--n++n--
Each charicter represents a single plate not a pair.
Any thoughts??????????

Jaxom
09-01-2008, 01:30 PM
No reason it won't work. The only problem you're likely to see is with the HHO bubbles clogging the water in the upper cell. As the HHO leaves the lower cell the bubbles will have to travel up through the upper cell to get to the outlet...not a problem if your plate spacing is wide enough, but if you use close spacing it could hurt the production of the upper cell.

Also, if you stagger the potential between the two arrays you'll get a lot of current leakage between the plate ends where the arrays meet. Better to have positive over positive and negative over negative, like so:
+NN--NN+
+NN--NN+

My radial generator (http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=571) uses two 24-plate arrays stacked vertically.

overtaker
09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't see any benefit having two pos. or two neg. plates side by side. It may help having a piece of plastic between the two cells angling up at a 45deg. angle or so to help stop some current leakage and to force the bubbles to go around the top cell. Good luck. P.S. I would go +nnnnn- and +nnnnn- wired in parallel but that's me.