PDA

View Full Version : 04 Ford F150 4.6L triton

Haywire Haywood
09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know if it has a MAP or MAF sensor? From the positioning I would guess a MAF, It's between the air filter and the engine in the ductwork.

thanks,
Ian

Oh, If anyone has successfully put an HHO on one, I'd like to read all the details. HHO output of your cell and what config it is in, increase in MPG, what was required to cheat the computer, problems, etc.

hydrofuel860
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know if it has a MAP or MAF sensor? From the positioning I would guess a MAF, It's between the air filter and the engine in the ductwork.

thanks,
Ian

Oh, If anyone has successfully put an HHO on one, I'd like to read all the details. HHO output of your cell and what config it is in, increase in MPG, what was required to cheat the computer, problems, etc.

Ian,

I have a 05 f150 4.6l. I have had a system in this truck for about 4mos now on and off. started with the water4gas system and built off that. I cam across many obstacles but slowly conquering all of them. The truck has a Maf but disregard that and get a O2 enhancer. I used the one from Fuelsavermpg.com. It was $65 and it allows your to manipulate the o2 voltage from the sensor to the computer. I wired it to the computer at the ecu. It took about 4 hours (because I am not a mechanic). The autozone website gives your the pin configuation if you purchase the electronic manual. I think it was $26.00 for the year and it was very thorough and dead nuts. I have switchplates in my system with a -n+n-... configuration. I useKOH as electrolite from the liquid plumber -get an eyedropper you wont need much per quart. I am at around 1/2 to 3/4 liter/minute. I get about a 2-4mpg gain. The trick is getting something put together that will give you about a 1/2 lpm with low amperage and connecting multiples in series. So you get 2 mpg off one... put 6 and you get around 12mpg.. and so on. mine is in the front grill with an abs 5 " pipe. have patience alot of my friends that drive trucks are using it and they are getting gains also. be realistic though.. don't expect 10mpg gain off 1 unit.. what you hear our there is alot sales BS so they get your money. You need to experiment with it

Good Luck

Tony