PDA

View Full Version : Extracting More Hydrogen Than Oxygen

volomike
09-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Some scientists are looking into ways to extract more hydrogen than oxygen through electrolysis, and in the most efficient way. Here's a French document where some scientists hooked up a magnetron (the cooker thing in a kitchen microwave) and a thin membrane of titanium dioxide. (By the way, you can't touch or breathe titanium dioxide for too long or you'll have some serious health effects.)

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=19917031

I haven't paid for the doc, but I can almost guess how it works. The HHO is fed into a box with a titanium dioxide membrane at the top. Inside the box, a spinning magnetron spins horizontally. Somehow this causes the O2 to sink to the bottom of the box where it is picked up through a tube. The hydrogen rises through the titanium dioxide membrane and is picked up through another tube.

So, with the two gases separated, you could control with a gauge your own O2 mixture back into the hydrogen, keeping it from being too powerful.

Okay, so that's a complicated thing. How do you drive the magnetron on the least amount of power? Is there a membrane safer than TIO2 that doesn't cause the same health effects?

Or, is there a more efficient way to pull at least some of the oxygen out of the HHO, creating a more powerful HHO mixture?

Food for thought.

volomike
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
A magnetron produces microwaves. When aimed in a metal box filled with air, it causes water molecules in the air to vibrate rapidly, producing heat. It's also one of the most efficient devices to heat something. I wonder if the magnetron was just a device they picked to efficiently heat a small space with the least energy consumption? Anyway, the heated space beneath a titanium dioxide membrane, by my guess, causes hydrogen to slip upward through it, while oxygen must fall downward.

But this is just a hunch. I'm no scientist.

kerry k
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I have been working on a way to chemically remove the oxygen from the HHO gas. Most large boiler systems use a chemical called sodium sulfate to remove the excess o2 from the boilers. It causes corrosion in the boiler. Basiclly the sodium sulfite bonds with the O2 and transfoms it into Hydrogen sulfide which in it self is a flamable gas. I have been thinking about putting in solution in a 2nd bubbler with a fish tank stone. Hydrogen sulfate is not the most pleasant gas. It smells like rotten eggs or sewer but I don't think it would do a ice any harm.

hydrotinkerer
09-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Scoll down to 10-86 I believe

www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

tylerdurden
03-04-2011, 03:55 AM
i saw a program(the history channel,i think)about oil depletion and alternatives,and they briefly showed what looked like a dry cell with hydrogen going out one side and oxygen going out the other.This would be ideal for avoiding alll the probems associated with the ECU and o2 sensors.i had a great wet cell setup on my 01 camry,but getting the computer to cooperate was a nightmare,and creating an artificially lean condition is a bad idea in case of a failure in the hyrdox production.does anyone know where or how to get or build one of these?

laser
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Is it just me or isn't the the oxygen and hydrogen already separated as the negative products one and the positive the other? So it would really be a case of keeping the bubbles apart before breaking the surface and mixing. Sounds too easy....................... But it works :)

lhazleton
03-11-2011, 04:25 AM
There are numerous designs out there for separating the oxygen and hydrogen, but they're a bit more complex than a simple drycell reactor. The simplest idea is by placing membrane between the plates as a separator. For this to work, there needs to be 2 gas ports per cell, one for H and one for O.