PDA

View Full Version : Temp, amps, and ELECTROLYTE?

VanHalen
09-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I have been using baking soda as my electrolyte, because mostly I didn't know any better. I didn't realise that it can eat away at your cells. now for the questions
A. Will adding KOH boost HHO, or pull more amps? I'm trying to tweak my system, I'd like to get more than 16 mpg in my 84 Blazer.:(
B. Will adding this change the boiling point of water, and how much should I add per quart of water.
c. Is KOH a good enough catalyst that I only ned to replace water, because its not part of the reaction right?:confused:

hydrotinkerer
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I have been using baking soda as my electrolyte, because mostly I didn't know any better. I didn't realise that it can eat away at your cells. now for the questions
A. Will adding KOH boost HHO, or pull more amps? I'm trying to tweak my system, I'd like to get more than 16 mpg in my 84 Blazer.:(
B. Will adding this change the boiling point of water, and how much should I add per quart of water.
c. Is KOH a good enough catalyst that I only ned to replace water, because its not part of the reaction right?:confused:

A. When adding KOH adjust your amp pull by the amount on KOH added. I think it produces better w/less heat.
B. No it won't change boiling point, Amount needed depends on your setup, add a tiny bit at a time till you reach amp pull you desire.
C. Once KOH is added it doesn't have to be added when you refill w/water.

VanHalen
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the input, and one other thing. KOH doesn't produce a vapor like seal salt does thas poisonous does it?

hydrotinkerer
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
It produces very little vapor, but you should run gas through a bubbler to scrub anything in the gas off. A bubbler for your own safety also.

Riddler250
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
can you buy a good store bought electrolizer, like from home depot?

VanHalen
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Look on ebay. These things aren't sold commercially in stores very often. Or just get a suply list and build your own. If your going to buy though, make sure it's a plated design with 316 stainless steel under so many amps.

Carolinablue
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Check post #12 in this thread. Bought this at Lowes Hardware.
http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286