PDA

View Full Version : What size generator(s) do I need to build?

Stack
09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Can anyone tell me the size of the generator(s) that I need for my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 litre?

How many liters per minute should I need?
How many cells(and plates) should I have in the generator?
What cell confuration should I use for my plates?

Thanks much for any help you can give to me!

Stack (from Michigan)

Q-Hack!
09-03-2008, 09:46 PM
The ultimate question... Until somebody creates a database and starts tracking this info, I doubt anybody will know for sure. It is one of the most asked questions and to be honest, nobody knows for sure. The going answer is build something and see if it improves your mileage. Then try to think of ways to improve your design. Whatever you do; share your knowledge as you experiment. Gook Luck! :)

Stack
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Okay, I get it.

I will build my generator, test it, put a pwd on, amp meter on, fuses, flame arrestor, checkvalve and so on.

I am going to use 2.5 oz stainless steel cups. I will sand them and then stack them with 2 rods going through.

I don't think that I want to do "+-+-+-". Do you think that I should do something like "-NNN+NNN-" or something to that effect? Can anyone give me a suggestion for the arrangement of the "+", "-", "N" ???

I do the physical work, I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction...???

Thanks,

Stack