PDA

View Full Version : "Crazy simple HHO generator design" video

Omega
06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello everybody, I found this video on youtube. It seems like a great idea.

I did some research on the material this guy uses in the video and here's the scoop:

Source: www.twpinc.com
Phone number: 800-227-1570
Mesh: #2 .063" welded 316SS marine grade wire
Link to the mesh in the video:http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control/product/~category_id=TWPCAT_14/~product_id=002X002WT0630W48T;jsessionid=471A7381D B4C9784668C0805048E7E23.jvm1
Cost (as of June 17, 2008) $8.00 for a 6"x6" square, available by the square foot, too. Minimum order $75 plus shipping.

They have other SS mesh to choose from, too.

I would love to get some of this material. Fabbing a generator with this would be easy, as shown in the video.

This would also be a great opportunity for a group buy, so no one individual would have to fork over $75+ for the material. Or maybe if someone bought a bunch, they could list it in the For Sale area of the board.

By the way, since he shows alligator clips for his hookup, I wondered how one could hookup for normal use in a cell. My thought is to use stainless strips bolted to the mesh with large washers on each side.

Comments???

Ronjinsan
06-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Hi Omega

I have built my own mesh cell with the same thoughts as you have. It sounded like a good idea at the time. This was my first cell with thermal runaway! Because of not being able to use a neutral plate at the time, the cell was a simple +-+-+-+ affair. It produced instantly but also got hot quickly, and as the heat rose so did the amp draw. The wire actually started blackening! Best of luck with this. Maybe you should try having mesh plates for your direct connections ie + and - and flat plates for neutrals, I think that could work well. Cheers :D;)

gasmakr
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
yeah i second that my first was a mesh also produced well but mesh degridation was almost instant after a week of testing there was like no mesh or very little left...:)

volomike
06-30-2008, 12:44 AM
The Power Tube Kit design on YouTube cost me $75 to make when you take out the excess cost for stuff I found that I didn't need to purchase, and that was at TruValue hardware (which usually is more expensive than Lowes or Home Depot).

I think I'd be concern with the clumsy nature of the gaps in the electrolyzer grid. Yeah, it works, but does it work as well as it could? That's why measurements in the gaps seems more scientific to me.

Then, creating electrolysis that produces gas is one thing, but you'll soon find that your next hurdles are:

- controlling the vacuum such that it doesn't suck out the electrolyte into your bubbler or into the engine (even in vapor)

- controlling the amperage so that you don't burn out a wire, relay, fuse, circuit board, toggle switch, or pulse wave modulator

- controlling the amount of electrolysis to get the most HHO possible without adverse effects such as engine damage or heat, which kind of ties into the gauge of wire and the amperage you're putting out too

- having the thing turn on when the ignition turns on, but not be given that sudden burst of energy while that ignition process goes on -- getting it like a couple seconds later so that the amperage is consistent and not too high

- introducing a fire arrestor in the flow such as a bubbler in order to control engine backfire

- keeping the electrolyte in its canister and not being sucked into the bubbler

- keeping the electrolyzer from cracking under air pressure created by the vacuum or something else you may have introduced to control the bubbler-electrolyte-sucking issue (such as a one-way valve, which I'm not certain is safe yet)

Ronjinsan
06-30-2008, 09:01 AM
yep its safe.....bin using them for ages!