PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Which Enhancer to Use

HHONissan
09-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Vehicle: 2005 Nissan Frontier 2.5L / MAF, no MAP / 2 O2 semsors, 1 before and 1 after cc

Cell Type: Tero Cell (9 plates +nnn-nnn+)
producing 1LPM at 12v (dont know amp draw) with tap water and baking soda (still working on PWM and awaiting delivery of Potash)

Questions: It is my understanding that with my '05 truck I need to use a MAF sensor enhancer as opposed to an O2 sensor enhancer. Also after talking to a friend with over 25 years as a Toyota technician, that the newer ECM's will eventually pick up on the adjustment made and revert back to a closed loop configuration thus decreasing my gas mileage. I drive about 120 miles a day so that is definately not what I want to do.
Any advice from users with newer vehicles would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

HHONissan
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
After reading my last post it is not to clear as to what i was asking.

What i would like to know is should i be using a MAF enhancer or O2 enhancer or both? Thank You

Bullgator
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I have an 'o4 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 and need the same answer as well. Thanks guys.

Keith's Garage
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
You will probably need to use both. The technician you talked to is right. The ECU uses the MAF and O2 sensor at different times. You need to enhance both devices in order to get the gains. I can a little deeper into this if you want, but my suggestion is to use both.

hydrotinkerer
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I have an 'o4 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 and need the same answer as well. Thanks guys.

What i would like to know is should i be using a MAF enhancer or O2 enhancer or both? Thank You

The tech. is right it does(ECM/PCM)have the ability to learn. The o2 sensor is the last sensor the ECM/PCM looks at for fuel control. Try the o2 enhancer first, With both you probably get better mpg gains

Static HHO
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Greetings,
Timely question. I've installed my large 5 L/m dry WFC on a buddy's '06 Nissan Titan, that runs a 5.6 L V8. Autozone's online wiring diagram indicated this Titan has dual air/fuel sensors, not O2 sensors. Also, the engine does not have a MAP sensor but does have a MAF. What to do?

On ZeroFossilFuels website, he suggest wiring the EFIE, for an A/F application, by reversing the polarity normally used for the EFIE in an O2 application. I'll do this as soon as I get the Titan in my hands and let you guys know the results. Am also going to wire in a small pot on the MAF and see how that tunes, as well. Cheers

Bullgator
09-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Soooooooooooooooo, what do I need to purchase and install on my Taco exactly? And in what configuration? Thanks for the help on this problem guys.

hygear
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Soooooooooooooooo, what do I need to purchase and install on my Taco exactly? And in what configuration? Thanks for the help on this problem guys.

I would go with the efie first provided you have narrowband O2s.Check the voltages at your O2 first to see what type you have.If it's wideband then you're stuck until they develop and market one that's compatible.

Try this link to test which ones you have.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/O2_general.html

The guy at fuelsaver.org. has good efies for sale with good tech support

Scooterdog
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM

The "o2 enhancer" won't make any difference. You still need to consider VSS, CPS, and a ton of other things.

People selling o2 enhancers and the like are selling nothing more than poppycock, and making money off of it.

mytoyotasucks
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I would go with the efie first provided you have narrowband O2s.Check the voltages at your O2 first to see what type you have.If it's wideband then you're stuck until they develop and market one that's compatible.

which is better to get a single or double?

thanx D

scrode
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
single= 1 o2 sensor before catalytic converter
dual = 2 o2 sensors before catalytic converter

Scooterdog
10-01-2008, 04:46 PM

The "guy" at fuelsavers.org refuses to take the million dollar challange. Why? I've emailed several who make these claims. Not ONE TAKER. Why?

Write them and ask how many technical schools have ordered any of this bunk junk they sell, or sell "plans" for. Not a one.

mytoyotasucks
10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
The "guy" at fuelsavers.org refuses to take the million dollar challange. Why? I've emailed several who make these claims. Not ONE TAKER. Why?

Write them and ask how many technical schools have ordered any of this bunk junk they sell, or sell "plans" for. Not a one.

whats a million dollar challange ?

HHONissan
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
The "o2 enhancer" won't make any difference. You still need to consider VSS, CPS, and a ton of other things.

People selling o2 enhancers and the like are selling nothing more than poppycock, and making money off of it.

Can anyone please explain VSS, CPS, and the ton of other things. Thought I was begining to understand, now I dont know.

hydrotinkerer
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Can anyone please explain VSS, CPS, and the ton of other things. Thought I was begining to understand, now I dont know.

vss-vehicle speed sensor
cps-cam position sensor
Can't even begin to explain his ramblings. Hope that helps.

mytoyotasucks
10-01-2008, 10:38 PM
AFR: Air/Fuel Ratio. Also Air/Fuel Ratio sensor.

CEL: Check Engine Light. The engine trouble light, that lights up on your dash when the ECU detects an error condition. See DTC.

COP: Coil On Plug. A type of ignition system that doesn't require spark plug wires, and has a coil mounted directly to each spark plug.

CTS: Coolant Temperature Sensor.

DIS: Distributorless Ignition Systems. Systems that utilize electronics instead of a distributor to calculate spark timing.

DTC: Diagnostic Trouble Code. The code number that the ECU gives you to help diagnose an error condition. For 1995 and newer vehicles, these can be read by standard OBD-II readers. Older vehicles may have a system for initiating a blink code, whereby the error numbers are read by the number of blinks of the Check Engine Light.

ECM: Engine Control Module. Also Electronic Control Module. See ECU.

ECT: Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. Also called CTS (Coolant Temperatrue Sensor).

ECU: Engine Control Unit. The vehicle's computer. Is often called by other names, but ECU seems to be the most common. See ECM, PCM and others.

EFI: Electronic Fuel Injection.

EFIE: Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer. A device used to modify the signal from an oxygen sensor so that the ECU will lean the fuel mixture.

EOP: Engine Oil Pressure sensor.

HEGO: Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor. Another name for an oxygen sensor.

IAT: Intake Air Temperature sensor.

MAF: Mass Air Flow sensor. Measures the amount of air flowing into the engine.

MAP: Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Measures the pressure inside the intake manifold. The ECU compares this to the barometric pressure sensor (outside air pressure) to determine the difference between the pressure in the manifold and the outside air.

MAT: Manifold Air Temperature.

MIL: Malfunction Indicator Light. Same as CEL (Check Engine Light). See above.

O2S: Oxygen Sensor.

OBD-II: On Board Diagnostic system. Prior to 1996 the systems varied by manufacturer. Jan 1, 1996 marked the beginning of a mandated standard for all new vehicles to conform to. This was ODB-II. Now the same reader can plug into any car and read it's information, including engine sensor readings, trouble codes, etc. For more information see this page.

PCM: Powertrain Control Module. The computer. See ECU.

PCV: Positive Crankcase Ventilation. Also PCV valve. See wiki for more information.

Stoichiometric ( Stoy'-kee-o-metric) Ratio - Not an acronym, I know. But it comes up a lot and I don't have another good place for it. This is the theoretical perfect combustion ratio of 1 part gas to 14.7 parts air. It's theoretical to the boys in Detroit, but not by us. We use various tuning dodges to get around this fixed number and improve our fuel mileage thereby.

TPS: Throttle Position Sensor.

VCM: Vehicle Control Module. Yet another name for the ECU. Aren't acronyms fun?

VSS: Vehicle Speed Sensor.

WOT: Wide Open Throttle sensor.