PDA

View Full Version : Could I use an old battery?

brunet
04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I have a bunch of old aircraft open cap cell vented manifold battery's at work. I was thinking of emptying the acid out and replacing it with water and baking soda, connect to directly to the cars battery then run the hose from the manifold outlet to the intake of the engine, teoretically it should work. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

truck4dog
05-02-2008, 01:03 AM
I wondered that myself. Keep us posted if you find out more.

wdisraeli
06-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I am using a small battery with a KOH and distiled water electrolyte? Would the lead plates in the battery hinder the HHO Production?

Ronjinsan
06-06-2008, 02:54 AM
The lead in a battery is actually very porous as its normanlly a composite material with the major component being lead. Theoretically it shouldnt last very long being used as a water splitter and if you analyse the gas coming out of it you will probably find it has some other toxic componenets in it. Before long the plates will buckle and arc! Altogether not a good idea! Strip the battery and use the shell as a casing for a HHO generator.

LinChiek
08-02-2008, 08:33 AM
The lead in a battery is actually very porous as its normanlly a composite material with the major component being lead. Theoretically it shouldnt last very long being used as a water splitter and if you analyse the gas coming out of it you will probably find it has some other toxic componenets in it. Before long the plates will buckle and arc! Altogether not a good idea! Strip the battery and use the shell as a casing for a HHO generator.

and dun forget to neutralize the acid with alkaline solutions and send the lead plates to recycling center...... :)

countryboy18
08-02-2008, 05:18 PM
why would the lead plates arc? and how do the plates buckle? why are there toxic gas coming out if the cell?

DOUBLEL
09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I am using a empty battery case that is manufactured for display, the only draw back is if You want to change anything inside its kind of hard to take apart and clean off all the old silicone so You can put it bacjk together.