PDA

View Full Version : Questions about number of plates and Vacuum

Sfair74
06-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm new to HHO. I'm currently researching but was curious to the number of plates in stack type cells. I know using Neutral plates will lower excess heat and will allow for more production but how about the number of + and - plates.

Some designs I have seen only have 2x + plates and 1x - plate where as ZFF uses a +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ or 3/2 ratio with 5 n's.

What would be the affect of running a 6/5 5 n's or even something crazy like 20/19 5 n's.

I'm curious because since all + plates share the same power source would it even work with that many plates.

Also has anyone pinned down a reliable way to run a HHO cell under vacuum to the point that it in greatly improves its production and efficiency in an automobile?

Thanks.

Ronjinsan
06-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi Sfair Lets see if I can answer a bit here! Firstly what hasnt ZFF tried? He spends most of his life testing! I wonder sometimes if he ever got a cell that works to his satisfaction. I have tested many plate configs. I use a standard 316L SS 75 x 120 x .9 cropped and cleaned plate. The way you put them together is irrelevant as long as the gap is straight and correct. I have found that I max my efficiency at 4 neutrals in a row. My cells are all 9 or 11 plate +nnn-nnn+ or +nnnn-nnnn+ but mostly happy with the 9 plate! I run my cells under full vacuum with only one pipe which goes to the manifold. A word of caution...you cell must be able to withstand a strong vacumm of around 20 inches or better or it WILL collapse! Cheers;)

Sfair74
06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info but how do you create the vacuum for your HHO generator? I know you can hook it up to your vacuum lines in near the intake manifold but the vacuum that it generates isn't a steady vacuum and often drops to below 20 inches. To get the best results don't you have to be above 20 inches at all times to get the greatly increased results of lower amp draw and more production? If not please correct me I am a newbie.

What I'm wondering is has anybody found a way to run their units at over 20 inches with a small auxiliary device to maximize production?