PDA

View Full Version : Newbie w/basic question but tough answer

timetowinarace
06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
First off, Hi to every one. My current HHO project is on an '06 dodge 5.9 cummins. I used a modified Smacks design with somewhat low output as the truck is still under warrenty. I got a small gain in fuel economy.

Problems: I need too many amps for good output (20-30) and with this comes too much heat in the way of boiling water.

I am attempting to remedy this by making a more effecient Generator wich will be ready for installation today. I plan to start with 5/6 amps cold or or even less if it produces bubbles. Tomarow I will be pulling four horses 1,200 miles with this truck nonstop.

My question is simple but might not have a simple answer. It doesn't have to do with my current project but possible future projects.

Why DC current and not AC?

I could see that DC is the only option if one is attempting to capture only one of the gases produced, hydrogen or oxygen. With AC, the current might cause each plate to alternate production of both gases. Not a problem for a container collecting both.

Any thoughts?

Stratous
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I tried running straight A/C through my generator while still in shop. It tripped my 20 amp breaker very quickly. Since then, I havent attepted to run A/C.

gasmakr
06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't know bud haven't tried it yet but the plans are in the works for home use...check my thread on alternative uses for hho to see info on my home project.:) i have seen a system on you tube called H 2 GO it uses a/c
you might want to do a serch on it.

Ronjinsan
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey timetowthingy why dont we concentrate on getting your existing setup right.......give us the specs or send us some pics, maybe we can walk before we start to run! :D:D

timetowinarace
06-18-2008, 06:30 PM
My current setup is 15 SS condiment cups wired +-+-+-+-+-+. The cups sit one atop the other with 1/8" gap along 3/8 ss allthread in 4" pvc pipe. Red Devil lye, distilled water. The cups provide more surface area inside the pipe than simple round plates because they fit inside one another. But, they are not high quality SS either.

It is now installed (today) and cold is using 3 to 4 amps. I'm going to leave it there for now while it gets conditioned/cleaned. I have an amp meter installed and switch inside the truck along with the relay of the ignition so while the key is on I can still turn the generator off but the genorator will not run with the ignition off. I've heard of diesel engines blowing up intercoolers when starting in cold weather because the glow plugs ignite the HHO. Heater grid for cummins.

Don't have output measurements yet.

My thoughts on AC are because for higher output a DC pulse at plate resonance seems preferable. That would be easier to acheive if AC was usable and simple audio electronics used. Something like a pink noise generator. Wave lenght and frequency are easily manipulated with AC.

gasmakr
06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
It is now installed (today) and cold is using 3 to 4 amps. I'm going to leave it there for now while it gets conditioned/cleaned. I have an amp meter installed and switch inside the truck along with the relay of the ignition so while the key is on I can still turn the generator off but the genorator will not run with the ignition off. I've heard of diesel engines blowing up intercoolers when starting in cold weather because the glow plugs ignite the HHO. Heater grid for cummins.

that's a very interesting piece of info i have never herd of that. But it makes sense if the hho is started before the motor.:)