PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Problem!! Problem!! HELP!!!

vtec
09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Potassium Hydroxide is in flake/granul form. I want to know exactly how much of it (not in terms of grams) you put in a liter of distilled water. Example; i put 30 granul per liter, or 40 pieces per liter? Thanks.

p.s - by the way, im using water filter housing (rather than mason jar) and using SS wire (water4gas design).

p.s.s - answer specifically because i search the net and found none that teach you how much (in terms of flakes/granul measurement) to put in.

mytoyotasucks
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
to find out how much u need, put a little in and see how many amps u are drawing, my goal for amps 10 - 16 amps.

if u are just drawing a few amps, add a little more until u get how many amp u want to draw.

hydrotinkerer
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
to find out how much u need, put a little in and see how many amps u are drawing, my goal for amps 10 - 16 amps.

if u are just drawing a few amps, add a little more until u get how many amp u want to draw.

Remember cold amp draw is a whole different ball game than hot. A cold 6amp draw might be 10-18amp draw depending on cell design.

HYDROTEKPRO
09-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Potassium Hydroxide is in flake/granul form. I want to know exactly how much of it (not in terms of grams) you put in a liter of distilled water. Example; i put 30 granul per liter, or 40 pieces per liter? Thanks.

p.s - by the way, im using water filter housing (rather than mason jar) and using SS wire (water4gas design).

p.s.s - answer specifically because i search the net and found none that teach you how much (in terms of flakes/granul measurement) to put in.

It's better to measure it out by weight, because you get a more exact proportion every time.

With the Water4Gas design you don't need very much KOH, so start with very small amounts while doing your bench tests. Then when you find the ideal KOH percentage for your electrolyzer, it's time for on-board testing and driving!!

Good luck and welcome to HHO Forums!

vtec
09-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Ok, now i get my measurement. I put 2 teaspoon (flat) KOH in 1 litre distilled water. Its not getting hot nor too cold. But now i have a new problem. There is foam buildup in one of my cell. Do you think im using too much KOH? Thank you for your comment.

This is my cell running. 4 cell using 30amp fuse.

This is my current cell

Am i using the correct potassium? (currently im using this)

mytoyotasucks
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Ok, now i get my measurement. I put 2 teaspoon (flat) KOH in 1 litre distilled water. Its not getting hot nor too cold. But now i have a new problem. There is foam buildup in one of my cell. Do you think im using too much KOH? Thank you for your comment.

This is my cell running. 4 cell using 30amp fuse.

This is my current cell

Am i using the correct potassium? (currently im using this)

Yes right stuff

u probly have some type of residue left on plates - for anti-faoming, use 1 -2 drops of diesel- and i mean drops, should not need much, there is another anti-foamer - dor hottubes too - dont use much of that either.