PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen Fuel Garage

hydrogenfuelgarage
09-13-2008, 08:58 AM
We currently sell generators, and many of the accessories that you need as well. Our Hydro-Gen 100 will produce 100 liters an hour at 25 amps if that isn't enough then you can take a look at the Hydro-Gen 200. Our units run cool because we don't use over voltage conditions in the cells.

Stop by our website to check us out. Hydrogenfuelgarage.com (http://hydrogenfuelgarage.com)

javierf
09-14-2008, 12:30 AM
What is the capacity in liters of electrolyte of the hydro-gen 100 and hydro-gen 200, and what is the running temperature of the electrolyte itself after 3 hours of running? What should be used for the electrolyte, KOH?

wljohns
09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Doesnt look like a bad product. Looks like a hidden tero cell.
But I must wonder about these people that come to a DIY forum to sale products. Heck I beleive 90percent of us will just look at your item to gain new ideas for our projects.
But again looks like a decent setup. A little pricey, but nice looking.

Bossman
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
HFG Potassium Hydroxide

3oz Bottle

$7.95
Lowes has it for $7.95 for 2 lbs

Radiator overflow bottle $34.95- Parts America $9.95

The oils companies dont bend you over that bad

Stevo
09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
HFG Potassium Hydroxide

3oz Bottle

$7.95
Lowes has it for $7.95 for 2 lbs

Radiator overflow bottle $34.95- Parts America $9.95

The oils companies dont bend you over that bad

Yikes! And double Yikes!

hydrogenfuelgarage
09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Javierf we use 2 ounces of koh in 1 Gallon of distilled water for our solution. Our unit runs at 120-125 after 3 hours

hydrogenfuelgarage
09-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey guys I haven't found those prices that you are quoting but I will check again. I couldn't find it locally here anywhere. Thanks for the info

JonDoh
09-15-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=603001&CategoryCode=3052

you can get this feom Advance Auto for $7.99
http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=IDN&MfrPartNumber=MCR3&CategoryCode=3052

DaneDHorstead
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey guys I haven't found those prices that you are quoting but I will check again. I couldn't find it locally here anywhere. Thanks for the info
That is a common problem with Lowes, and HD, etc.

They do not carry the same products in all their stores.

As an example, I have not found a store of either company, that sell Roebic drain cleaner, anywhere in the whole state of Florida.

I can only assume, ther is some state law against it?

I also want to adress, a former point raised, about comercial products, offered on the forum...

I can understand both sides of the issue, as the forum really is a discussion group, for folks that want to build their own units, and don't want it to be commercialized, however there are a good 70 percent or better, of people who read only (not contributing), either because they don't want to, or because they really don't comprehend the very basic issues, let alone the more complicated ones.

As an example, some people still write in to say they are using neutral cells, and they show pictures, of ss plates, using aluminum ring, or spade connectors, crimped to copper wires, connecting "Neutral plates" to each other, all suspended, in a baking soda bath.

First of all, neutral plates do not use a jumper (copper, or otherwise), and anyone still using baking soda, has learned absolutely nothing, so far!

However we should also understand that, using either Potassium Hydroxide, or sodium Hydroxide, can be hazardous, if not handled properly, and folks that insist on using multiple metals, in one bath, shouldn't handle dangerous materials, at all!

Combining aluminum, copper, stainless, etc, in an active electrolyte bath, will get you into some serious trouble.

So, I personally, am not opposed to members offering assemblies, or completed units for sale, provided prices are justified.

In short, some people should buy, rather than build!

Maybe, it would be a good idea, to set aside discussions of ready made products to the "For Sale" threads only?

DaneDHorstead
09-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Javierf we use 2 ounces of koh in 1 Gallon of distilled water for our solution. Our unit runs at 120-125 after 3 hours
HFGarage;

I am curious of your design? We openly discuss plate/coil/tube designs, sizes, etc. on the forums.

You state 2 oz of KOH per gallon (I assume distilled water), but you say nothing of the electrode design.

While I will side with you, on the issue of offerings for sale, this still is an open forum for discussions of designs, and formulas.

wljohns
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I also want to adress, a former point raised, about comercial products, offered on the forum...

I can understand both sides of the issue, as the forum really is a discussion group, for folks that want to build their own units, and don't want it to be commercialized, however there are a good 70 percent or better, of people who read only (not contributing), either because they don't want to, or because they really don't comprehend the very basic issues, let alone the more complicated ones.

As an example, some people still write in to say they are using neutral cells, and they show pictures, of ss plates, using aluminum ring, or spade connectors, crimped to copper wires, connecting "Neutral plates" to each other, all suspended, in a baking soda bath.

First of all, neutral plates do not use a jumper (copper, or otherwise), and anyone still using baking soda, has learned absolutely nothing, so far!

However we should also understand that, using either Potassium Hydroxide, or sodium Hydroxide, can be hazardous, if not handled properly, and folks that insist on using multiple metals, in one bath, shouldn't handle dangerous materials, at all!

Combining aluminum, copper, stainless, etc, in an active electrolyte bath, will get you into some serious trouble.

So, I personally, am not opposed to members offering assemblies, or completed units for sale, provided prices are justified.

In short, some people should buy, rather than build!

Maybe, it would be a good idea, to set aside discussions of ready made products to the "For Sale" threads only?

I agree. That there are alot of folks that do not need to "build their own". However I think that if a vendor wants to sell here they do not need to profit from the hard work of others starting and maintaining this forum without some type of contribution in one of two ways.
#1 complete opensource of their design with plans,drawings,pics,concept etc.
#2 ample monetary contribution to site owners or admins to help with site costs. This is NOT FREE.
Again this is only meant vendors. Not the individual seller of an occasional item. But a person or entity running a business.
And as far as personal ads. To keep scammers away they need to have some type of reputation. NOT one or two posts.
Just trying to protect the innocent here from being taken advantage of.
Again just my .02