PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Plates ??

PAPAFIXIT
06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I have been seeing a lot about neutral plates. Are they SS also, and are they connected to power or dormant ( I can't tell in the videos )?
MORE INPUT!!!!!

gasmakr
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
neutral plates are isolated between the pos. and neg. terminals with no attachement to either terminal their function is 1. to create more serface area for the gas to form on and 2. to increase resistance to electron flow to keep the amperage low.:)

Johnh
06-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Just another point, the neutral plates also have to be isolated from each other. What we are trying to achieve is about 1.5 to 2 volts across each plate so for a 12 volt system 5 or 6 neutral plates is about right. 5 neutrals gives 2 volts and 6 is 1.7 volts any more than that and production starts to drop off. If you hook wires up to the plates and bring them out of the electrolizer you can actually test the volts across each cell.
It is actually a bit more efficient if the plates are sealed right around the edges to stop current bypassing them but this gets very difficult to get the gas out and the electrolyte in. Here is a link to one electrolyser that uses sealed plates Tero Cell (http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf)

Kwiksilvr
06-29-2008, 01:17 AM
so if i have a -nn+nn-nn+nn- setp, thats too many neutrals?

can you add more negatives and positives to compensate for this?

Stratous
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
No its not too many, the voltage drop takes place between the + and - plates. so if you have a 12 volt set up with +nn-nn+ your only going to get about 3 volts drop because the power travels from negative to positive.

Kwiksilvr
06-29-2008, 02:18 AM
ok, so is it better to have a -nn+nn- or a +nn-nn+
??

this is easily reversable by switching the graund and positive leads around...

Stratous
06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
??

From personal experiance, I get better production from +nnn-nnn+. I am not sure why that configuration works better, but I know it does. I have two generators set up on the work bench currently. They are configured at +nn-nn+ and +nnn-nnn+. They both produce about the same, but the one with 2 negative plates gets hot quicker. If i reverse the polarity of the power leads, I notice a big drop in production. I dont recall checking amperage after I switched the polarity, It may be a drop because of reduced pwr consumption. Does anyone else have an explanation?

timetowinarace
06-29-2008, 12:47 PM
??

+nn-nn+ will push more amps because there is twelve volts at each end just like they are two seperate circuts +nn- from the same power source. -nn+nn- has twelve volts to push current in two directions.

Think of it like haveing two water pumps with the same capacity pump water into a central pipe compared to one of the pumps pumping water in two direction.