PDA

View Full Version : How do you flatten plates

JojoJaro
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Folks, I am thinking of using 25" x 6" plates to build a tero cell design. The plate thickness is .031".

I went to Lowe's yesterday to look at what .031" feels like and it seems that .031" is not thick enough to prevent warping.

How does one flatten plates that may be slightly warped. Do I put a heavy flat weight on it and leave it in the Sun? Will the weight and heat from the Sun cause it to flatten?

I would like to flatten it good so that the spaces between the plates are consistent in distance to maximize efficiency.

BoyntonStu
09-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Folks, I am thinking of using 25" x 6" plates to build a tero cell design. The plate thickness is .031".

I went to Lowe's yesterday to look at what .031" feels like and it seems that .031" is not thick enough to prevent warping.

How does one flatten plates that may be slightly warped. Do I put a heavy flat weight on it and leave it in the Sun? Will the weight and heat from the Sun cause it to flatten?

I would like to flatten it good so that the spaces between the plates are consistent in distance to maximize efficiency.

Place a plastic lattice between the plates and they will never touch.

Leaf guard for gutters is ~ 0.045"

BoyntonStu

EltonBrandd
09-16-2008, 12:38 AM
You beat them with a hammer. It could take hours or you could have the plates laser cut.