PDA

View Full Version : 02 extenders/map enhancers

hhocavalier
09-16-2008, 01:17 AM
i see alot of people useing enhancers on ther o2 but are the extender just as good or are the drawbacks? just wanting some facts aboute each, also i want to build a map enhancer and havent found a diagram. can some one post one?

scrode
09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
map enhancer diagram (http://hhoencyclopaedia.net/hho/diagrams/Map%20sensor%20adjuster%20enhancer%20schematic.pdf )

hhocavalier
09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
thanks again for the info, its built. ill put it in this weekend, now will it help on its own or will i not see any resolts till i get o2 extenders?

Scooterdog
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
thanks again for the info, its built. ill put it in this weekend, now will it help on its own or will i not see any resolts till i get o2 extenders?

Adding an extender won't do jack diddly for ya buddy.

The problem is, that nobody on this board, or any of these hho boards knows how an "oxygen sensor" works. I'll explain as I have a degree in auto tech.

First of all, and I don't care what auto zone or any other parts person tries to tell you, an oxygen sensor DOES NOT DETECT OXYGEN. Anyone who tells you this is either full of shit, or is completely ignorant of how things opperate.

What it does do, is when it reaches around 600* F, the filament being made of a specific substance, will react to the unspent hydrocarbons in your exhaust, creating a small amount of voltage.

Remember the clocks and what not they used to sell that you could plug into a potato or lemmon? Same thing.

Second, the O2 sensor is more for idle. People again make it sound like this is all that would need to be changed to lean the mixture. Sure, at an idle. What about when you put the vehicle in gear, come off idle, and the tires start to rotate? They never address that.

A simple test for all these experts: Go unplug your spedo cable/wire, go for a drive on the interstate or highway. What happens? Your vehicle misses, and you use tons of gas. Of course, they can't tell you why, because they don't know what they are talking about.

You will have to overcome the VSS, CPS, etc..., or there will be no difference once you start to move.

All these people with these "scan tools" (they use them to check milage while driving) is more poppycock. If the computer is getting false readings, it will produce false results, therefor the milage is all bullshit.

Ever notice how people claim to get "50%" increase in mileage, WHEN THEY HAVE ONLY USED ONE GALLON OF GAS?? Again, showing ignorance of how to get results. Lets say you get a consistant 25mpg in town. Now, out of 100 gallons, you may at times only be getting 2mpg taking off from a stop sign, but you could be getting 75mpg pulling up to the stop sign. This is where the deception begins. You have to have more information than a single gallon or two of gas. You compair tank for tank. Even then, you will get different readings do to temp. variations, but they don't tell you that.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject that people are making a small fortune selling nothing more than snake oil and false hope.

resago
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
seeing as how you have a masters degree and all, you should be able to explain what each sensor does and what the computer does with, yah?
post some of the equations the computer uses to determine timing and inj pulse width.
post some of the lookup tables the computer uses.

you've made the statement that the computer only uses the O2 sensor during idle. WHY? give an answer other than "thats what it does" or "just because"

Scooterdog
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
seeing as how you have a masters degree and all, you should be able to explain what each sensor does and what the computer does with, yah?
post some of the equations the computer uses to determine timing and inj pulse width.
post some of the lookup tables the computer uses.

you've made the statement that the computer only uses the O2 sensor during idle. WHY? give an answer other than "thats what it does" or "just because"

Stop lying, I never said "that the computer only uses the O2 sensor during idle." What I said there are severl factors besides a simple sensor involved. Changing one will not affect an entire range. The o2 sensor is very limitted in what it can do, and most of its job is for control at idle and lower speeds. Then other factors come into play.

hygear
10-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Stop lying, I never said "that the computer only uses the O2 sensor during idle." What I said there are severl factors besides a simple sensor involved. Changing one will not affect an entire range. The o2 sensor is very limitted in what it can do, and most of its job is for control at idle and lower speeds. Then other factors come into play.

CHECK PLEASE !