PDA

View Full Version : HHO Plunge

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Hello gang,

I've decided to take the hho plunge.
I'm hoping that the information in this forum and throughout the internet can help me refine my hho system and achieve optimal performance.

I purchased a pre-assembled AL-30 unit from here:
http://www.savefuel.ca/hydrogen/smallproducts.php?id=carproducts

A bit more then other systems, but they were friendly on the phone and said I could call back with any questions on installation.

I just got it today(6/23/2008) in the mail. :)

I thought about building my own, but for my first attempt I want to start simple. 'Pay to learn' Philosophy.

Car: 2007 4cy Pt Cruiser Convertible
<ul>
<li>First step:
<ul>
<li>Install pre assembled unit and record results.</li>
<li>*Note: MAP and o2 Sensors not being addressed at this time.</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>Second Step:
<ul>
<li>Depends on first step results</li>
<ul>
<li>Research Map / o2 Sensor gadgets</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
I haven't found much negative information regarding hho.

Once I get the system up to snuff in my pt cruiser, I will move on to the family mini-van. :D

It's funny how friends and family are interested in my hho project. We joke about catastrophic fender-benders and mushrooms clouds, but if the results are promising, I will become popular real fast.

Anyway, I look forward to the forum and bouncing some ideas around.

-M

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
...so I open the box, looked at all the parts, but no instructions...

:confused:

not feeling so warm and fuzzy right now...

I left them a phone msg and an email. Nothing on their site to download...

So until I hear from them, no hho... :(

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
So while I wait to be sent some instructions, I popped the hood on my 2007 pt cruiser, and there's not much real estate to be had. The only spot I can put this unit is kinda close to the exhaust manifold.

I took off the front grill... but it doesn't fit...

Normally, I can make big things fit into tight areas (:D), but this will be a challenge.

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Today I learned that you should look under the hood of you car and assess what room you have available before picking a hho system.

The mini-van has plenty of room for this system... so... change of plans...

Mini-van first... wifey will like this decision...:eek:

gasmakr
06-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Glad to see your taking the plunge....that's where the freedom of building your system comes into play "SPACE" most of the time you never have enough. When you custom build your own you can make it fit in any space.:)

Glad to see you have another vehicle to install the other system in.:D

gasmakr
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
HOLY CRAP :eek: I just looked at the link more closely those people are making a killing off of those things i'm in the wrong buisness I gotta start making and selling those things:D

Phantom240
06-24-2008, 07:04 PM
HOLY CRAP :eek: I just looked at the link more closely those people are making a killing off of those things i'm in the wrong buisness I gotta start making and selling those things:D

Seriously... I would really like to see their electrode designs as well. But hot damn that's making a killing!