PDA

View Full Version : Activated Charcoal

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello,

Probably a dumb question:

Could activated charcoal be used instead of SS plates within a hho system?

The surface area within activated charcoal is huge.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activated_carbon)

-M

Stratous
06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
To use carbon as an electrode is very possible, but a sold carbon piece is pretty expensive. Thats why most people use SS. Did anyone else have problems getting into the forums over that last couple days?

spob
06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Yep. I was ready to sart wearing my conspiracy tinfoil too.

It got worse when Fox 10 Phoenix was doing a report this morning on a place out in east Mesa that is doing the installs. Right when the person getting intervued started to talk, the microphone cut out and then they started to have technical difficulties. But it is on the web.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6826623&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Stratous
06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
LOL, I was screaming conspiracy too...lol. I was also wondering if weiwei got sick of me deleting his spam and DOS attacked the site...lol

hho_underground
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I wasn't aware of the cost. I just remember hearing something ridiculous like the surface area of 1 cubic inch of activated charcoal is equal to the size of a football field... crazy...

porkchop
06-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Looks like that guy in Arizona's(TV report posted about earlier) set up had a bottle for a resevoir. That's pretty cool, adds time between refills, and you could tell when it was needing to have fluid added.

Stratous
06-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I am building several kits now for people, I decided to advertise my own savings and people were intrested. So, four people now have decided to allow me to build their system for a modest fee. I am barely making a profit on them, but its cool. I may break $150 on profit on all four combined. They all wanted to see their device working, thats why I am building them out of polycarbonate. The first cell I am building is an 9 plate system. It is configured as +nnn-nnn+ and will have dimensions of 6"x6"x10". Personally I am pretty excited about the opportunity to help others and possibly make some spending money while I am at it. Of course thats assuming I dont get 500 orders and never have time for anything except work.

Phantom240
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM
That's pretty cool. Once my first prototype is up and running, I'm going to build a bigger, better, higher output generator and give my old one to my friend... who will in turn put my name out there, and hopefully I can get some more local guys interested in HHO. Not looking for profit... I just like recognition.