PDA

View Full Version : Cell Volume?

shaketheroom
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Is there an advantage to using a cell with more water? Less heat maybe with more water? Less HHO production?

I don't want make a mistake right off the getgo. I have room for a bigger cell volume.

Can someone answer me this question

THanks, Mike

Stratous
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
It will take longer for heat build up, possibly could prevnet some heat build up as the extra surface area of the enclousre will allow for extra heat dissapation. Of course you will have to use more electrolyte to keep the water continuity the same. Not sure how that will effect gas production.

shaketheroom
06-23-2008, 10:48 PM
If you put your electrode in a swimming pool, will it produce the same amount of HHO that it would produce in a quart jar?

If it's the same, are there any advantages besides maybe less fill-ups, or maybe better cooling?

If cooling is a benefit, you might be able to increase the amps without a heat buildup.

hmfdesigns
06-24-2008, 12:48 AM
from my tests i have found that more volume of water does help with heat.. but volume is only a very small part of heat management
and if you maintain the same concentration output is the same i have used my electrolyte solution in a 5 gallon bucket to test this and still had the same output it does however take slightly longer to get the air out but once that happens its good