PDA

View Full Version : 15 plates configuration. HELP!!

Argos
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I have 15 plates 3” by 6” tall and my first test I did I had them configured +-+-+-+- and td. 15 in total. Production was phenomenal but after 15-20 min. my 100A breaker start doing what it was made to do. Heat is not a problem I have cooling system installed and temp. never got more than 135F. My electrolyte is 1 gallon distilled water + 1 Tea spoon of soda. I am using soda only because I don’t have KHO in my mail after 1 week of waiting. So my question is if I rearrange my plates to +N-N+N-N+N-N+N- will this help me lower Amps?
P.S. Sorry for my English!!! :)

richardb200373
09-22-2008, 10:36 AM
With 15 plates you are probably drawing 60+ or even more amps. Production will be great, but too many amps. You should add a lot more neutrals, like 4 or 5 in between each + and -. I first tried the same setup with 11, production was great, but too many amps. Adding more neutrals will drop you hho production. I did a +nnnn-nnnn+ and it worked better, had to add a lot more baking soda though. I just got my KOH and will be trying -nnnnn+nnnnn- and -nnnnn+ Negative plates are your hho producer.
Will be doing this with 2 or 3 cells hooked up together to get 3lpm or so.

Also, read this thread, read DaneDHorstead's replys, he already has this in production.
http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381&page=3

Painless
09-22-2008, 10:42 AM
What you need to do is take your input voltage and divide it by 2. Take this number and arrange the plates +NN....- until you match the number of plates to the number you came up with.

For examples, say your input voltage is 12v, 12 divided by 2 = 6. So, you would need:

+NNNN-

The idea is that between the negative and positive the neutrals divide the voltage. The target is 2v per plate.

If you have more plates than the number you come up with, just set up parallel sets. For example, if you have 16 plates at 12 volts do:

+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-

Hope this helps.

BoyntonStu
09-22-2008, 12:30 PM
What you need to do is take your input voltage and divide it by 2. Take this number and arrange the plates +NN....- until you match the number of plates to the number you came up with.

For examples, say your input voltage is 12v, 12 divided by 2 = 6. So, you would need:

+NNNN-

The idea is that between the negative and positive the neutrals divide the voltage. The target is 2v per plate.

If you have more plates than the number you come up with, just set up parallel sets. For example, if you have 16 plates at 12 volts do:

+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-

Hope this helps.

Correction:

+NNNN- Represents 5 cells not 6. 12/5 = 2.4 Volts

+NNNNN- is 6 cells. 12/6 = 2 Volts

The number of cells is equal to the number of plates -1.

BoyntonStu

hygear
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM

+NNNN-

+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-

Hope this helps.

Parallel runs hotter and is'nt as efficient,running in series the cell stays cool and you get more gas production.When too much heat is generated your energy loss is higher.

Painless
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Correction:

+NNNN- Represents 5 cells not 6. 12/5 = 2.4 Volts

+NNNNN- is 6 cells. 12/6 = 2 Volts

The number of cells is equal to the number of plates -1.

BoyntonStu

Whoops! You're absolutely correct... that's what I get for answering a post before I've had my morning mug of tea!

Painless
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Parallel runs hotter and is'nt as efficient,running in series the cell stays cool and you get more gas production.When too much heat is generated your energy loss is higher.

When I said 'running in parallel' I was referring to three sets of plates in series wired together in parallel.

hygear
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
When I said 'running in parallel' I was referring to three sets of plates in series wired together in parallel.

No problem I often have to go back and edit posts after I've had my coffee LOL.I understand what you mean now.