PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Totota Yaris

Tourqy Pig
09-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Hello and good day, I had to try the HHO out and see if I get any results, attached are pics of my quick homemade device. I do not know the volume or MPG increase yet. If there is an oncrease I wanted to build a better cell. I was thinking dry cell..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/fireisblind/DSC01717.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/fireisblind/DSC01720.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/fireisblind/DSC01726.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/fireisblind/DSC01718.jpg

hydrotinkerer
09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Pictures make it look like a tight fit. What are you using for catalyst? I really like the way you hooked the HHO hose.

Tourqy Pig
09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Pictures make it look like a tight fit. What are you using for catalyst? I really like the way you hooked the HHO hose.

I just use baking soda. I dont know what the best catalyst is; and I have heard of a few different combos, I didnt want too waste money.

hydrotinkerer
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I use Naoh because its not used up in the reaction and it was cheap.

redneckgearhead34
09-24-2008, 12:42 PM
that is an awesome setup. Be sure to let us know how much it helps your mpg. I would also like to see how such a new ECU responds to one of these.

Stevo
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Nice car. Have you considered these things?

Baking Soda eats the plates readily
PVC begins to soften at 140*F
PVC fumes can harm catalytic converters and 02 sensors
Baking soda turns into NaOH which munches on aluminum. Baking soda can also do this by itself.
How will you keep mist and electrolyte out of your engine?

I love those cars and would hate to see it get F'ed. Also would hate to see the face of the unsuspecting consumer who buys the car later down the road with aluminum damage. See this thread:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426

And view the chemical compatibility chart for aluminum here:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

Sodium Bicarbonate is not recommended.

Tourqy Pig
09-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice car. Have you considered these things?

Baking Soda eats the plates readily
PVC begins to soften at 140*F
PVC fumes can harm catalytic converters and 02 sensors
Baking soda turns into NaOH which munches on aluminum. Baking soda can also do this by itself.
How will you keep mist and electrolyte out of your engine?

I love those cars and would hate to see it get F'ed. Also would hate to see the face of the unsuspecting consumer who buys the car later down the road with aluminum damage. See this thread:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426

And view the chemical compatibility chart for aluminum here:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

Sodium Bicarbonate is not recommended.

I want to see results prior to investiong in a full on set up. My technical abilities are rather high and I know that two tanks of gas on this setup with a bubbler wont harm a thing! I will go to what the industrial pros use-Potassium Hydroxide! I want to see results first,,Thanks for the info

Tourqy Pig
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
that is an awesome setup. Be sure to let us know how much it helps your mpg. I would also like to see how such a new ECU responds to one of these.

I am hoping I Wont have to do any Mods to see the MPG increase, and I am also hoping the MPGs dont go down, But if they do it is a sign that my setup is working. I guess the O2 sensor will have to be modded...IF I do see an increase, I have alot of improvements and remanufacturing to do. I hope it works so bad. There are alot of nay sayers out there and I cant wait to say "look at my % increase. Once I get deeper into the knowledge of HHO, its game on.

hydrotinkerer
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I am hoping I Wont have to do any Mods to see the MPG increase, and I am also hoping the MPGs dont go down, But if they do it is a sign that my setup is working. I guess the O2 sensor will have to be modded...IF I do see an increase, I have alot of improvements and remanufacturing to do. I hope it works so bad. There are alot of nay sayers out there and I cant wait to say "look at my % increase. Once I get deeper into the knowledge of HHO, its game on.

With no mods on my camry the mpg went down 7mpg.

Tourqy Pig
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I filled my tank today because I wanted to see if there was a difference at all in MPG. Sadly, I am getting my standard 40 MPG. At least its not a decrease...I will have to wait and see if I have an increase after another tank of gas.:( However, I have changed my driving form 100% highway to 90% city/slow country. I would have got between 34-38MPG with this type of driving. SO let me wait and see if there will be a real increase after another tank of gas.

hydrotinkerer
09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I filled my tank today because I wanted to see if there was a difference at all in MPG. Sadly, I am getting my standard 40 MPG. At least its not a decrease...I will have to wait and see if I have an increase after another tank of gas.:( However, I have changed my driving form 100% highway to 90% city/slow country. I would have got between 34-38MPG with this type of driving. SO let me wait and see if there will be a real increase after another tank of gas.

Have you measured the output of your gen? If it's to small might not see a gain/loss.

Tourqy Pig
09-27-2008, 07:25 PM
I have to wait till it stops raining, and I have to make a good meter. I will post as soon as have the results cause I wanted to know myself

hoboincidaho
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
What type of equipment are you using to adjust the Ecm's voltage? Have you looked into a MADCOSM or COSM iii? Alternatively theres the VMU unit but these are all pricey and investment-worthy. I am interested in hacking my toyota engine as well.

Tourqy Pig
09-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I have not added any equipment to adjust the ECM, however I did fill the tank today and am now getting a eight percent increase. I am going to wait one more tank of gas before I get excited. If the next tank shows a positive increase, I will be convinced and start my HHO integration using better methods of, electrolite, voltage mods, cell, and ECM. I dont have much money to work with so there will be alot of fact finding for me to do.

I hope others are doing good in their mission to reduce dependency on gas.

hoboincidaho
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Thats why we're here. Little is it known that this community of people are here to help you save money. Listen to them, and you will.
Anywhoo,
Your increase gets me excited. If I were you, I would invest in SOME kind of ECM harness (efie or map/map sensor, and o2 sensor) to keep your vehicle's computer from having a stroke and dumping more fuel.
The water4gas module seems cheap and effective, while the expensive ones mentioned earlier in this post are viable options as well.
YOU NEED TO KNOW: Your computer in your car will notice the change of fuel burn and will adjust its behavior based on what it sees. Its all measured in voltage by the ECM. These modules trick your ecm. What ones are effective for modern and late model toyotas? Thats the question we ALL need to find out.

Marlon
02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
With your Variable timing engine, you will need to keep your o2 sensor modding to a minimum, or you may have some unexpected results. I recommend using an o2 sensor spacer or an EFIE set very low.
http://myhhohybrid.com/products.html

escou
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey how did it go, really intrested to know, since i am thinking of starting to do one myself.

koya1893
03-29-2011, 10:12 AM
If I missed something, someone let me know. Your car has a similar system as a Scion TC. You will need an EFIE to handle the AFR sensor in front (pre cat O2) and narrow band to handle the (post cat O2). that has a "fly by wire" throttle, which means you need to have an efficient cell and a well designed bubbler to keep the corrosive gas from entering your throttle body. Any slugs gets on the throttle plate it will affect the fly by wire throttle and the car will not run right. I am not sure what size engine you have, but the Scion I installed a system on needed more than the .5lpm per 1 liter of engine displacement.

the engine bay is tight you will need a dry cell producing at the min 1.5-2lpm.

astrocady
03-30-2011, 05:08 AM
The Yaris has a 1.5 liter engine, the same engine that was in the Scion Xa and first generation Xb. The same engine was also used in the toyota echo and the pree-2010 Prius, plus a TON of toyotas sold overseas.

The Scion tC used the 2.4 liter engine, same as in the Camary.

A car salesman never forgets his "stats", even if the profession was short lived ;)

dslim
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
wow you guys seems to know a lot about toyota engine.. what would i need to get any result at all with a toyota fj crusier 08 2wd. 4.0l?. I've tried doing this the past 3 years with no luck on any improvement. i've mess with a effie and the map/maf sensor. wide and norrow band. is toyota just to hard to fool? if anyone at all out there thats got any improvement with a toyota please help.

jhsouders
05-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Hey guys,

I also have a toyota yaris as well, and am working on getting my HHO generator working. I have a simple 2 quart generator installed, and i have the HHO pulled through the vacuum line right in front of your where your hose is installed in intake. Is that an ok place, or should i move it to where yours is?

I have not done any extra modifications to the O2 sensors or anything of the sort. Also, ive heard of people using a bubbler. What are they and are they really needed?

Anyone else who has done this with a yaris, what have you guys done or what do you suggest i do to help my situation. I have not had any noticeable gains in MPG and ive driven it for about 2 tanks already.

Thanks a bunch guys.
I hope i can get some advice.

Jake

koya1893
05-29-2011, 05:43 AM
You need to treat the Oxygen sensors, actuall the AFR sensors in front and the narrow band for the rear. The signal wire for the wide band (AFR) sensor is called pump wire, make sure you get a good wiring diagram for your car and locate that wire.

jhsouders
05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
You need to treat the Oxygen sensors, actuall the AFR sensors in front and the narrow band for the rear. The signal wire for the wide band (AFR) sensor is called pump wire, make sure you get a good wiring diagram for your car and locate that wire.

I dont know how to treat the treat the oxygen sensors. Is there someone that can do that for me, aka mechanic or electrician, and will they agree to it?

Same question about the bubbler, is that needed?

turbobass
06-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi , i was wondering if anyone has tried using an AFR mesurement tool ? i have an echo 2004 and i have a innovate wideband , standard afr is 14.7 but can i calculate needed AFR for a given hydro volume ? wouldent this be a good start on how much to fool the O2 sensor ? with a resistance (ohm) or a piggyback computer .... i'm a newbie on this forum ... i've tuned cars for turbochargers , played alot with electric bikes and brushless motors , LIFEPO4 batteries .... was wondering if 48V 20ah batteries would be good for producing hydrogen .... i dont know ... just throwing ideas up to see my posibilities before i start my project ... thanks

turbobass
06-23-2011, 08:31 AM
if it is possible to calculate a given resistance for the O2 sensor for a given volume of hydrogen , it would be a very good tool to calculate resistance for the O2 sensor on all cars .....

Quebecker
06-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Go to http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/
and complete a sensor request form (http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/sensor-request-form) it's free