PDA

View Full Version : State Emission Testing

gheuett
06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
I wanted to toss out the question - has anyone with an installed HHO generator run it through a required state emissions test? I have seen HHO influenced emission results posted on the web and the results are very good. I'm wondering if these inspectors would know what to do with the modifications.

I am about to install my booster but I may just get it inspected first and work on the Georgia EPD over the next year. I contacted them about HHO devices and in the response I got back, they were not at all familiar with HHO and they sent me a copy of the federal law reference tampering with smog devices.

It may just be me but I would think these folks would be the MOST interested in seeing this flourish.

Thanks,
Gib

PAPAFIXIT
07-05-2008, 01:57 PM
You're talkin' bout 'THE MAN' here, all he cares about is 'THE LAW'. From what I have learned about HHO, emissions are not a problem.

Phantom240
07-05-2008, 02:29 PM
go to www.fuelfromh2o.com The guy that started building his generators a few years ago has copies of emissions tests using HHO in his truck. They were remarkably low for such an old, worn out v-8.

wljohns
07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
If I am not mistaken. "georgia" is the state that failed the Toyota Prius, because it done what it was supposed to do and shut the gas engine down while sitting still so the comp gave it a FAIL. And the owners have to go "beg" for special permission to drive in Georgia. So I would not look for any help from that state.

h-power
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm a certified ASE tech and have run emissions tests on my vehicle with and without HHO. The HHO does lower HC and CO2 emissions considerably.

rmptr
07-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm a certified ASE tech and have run emissions tests on my vehicle with and without HHO. The HHO does lower HC and CO2 emissions considerably.

THAT, is good enough for me.

Only thing better would be to run the test on your own vehicle.

Best

computerclinic
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Emissions improvements are good and so are the savings at the pump, but I am wondreing what kind of toll the valve seals, gaskets, and other components will take after say 1000 and 5000 miles of HHO introduction, as well as chlorine gas traces and other chemical gases... Any thoughts or advice on precautions to take?

Smith03Jetta
07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I would suggest that you should not use any chemicals in your electrolyzer that can cause engine or seal damage on their own. Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide only have Hydrogen and Oxygen in addition to the Potassium and Sodium. I would suggest against using any chemical such as Sodium Chloride that has Chlorine or some other chemical in it that can cause seal damage. Also, keep in mind that Sodium Bicarbonate, Baking Soda has carbon in it. If we want to reduce Carbon/Hydrocarbon Emissions I would think we should avoid electrolytes containing Carbon Atoms. Just a thought, I could be going Crazy from breathing the Hexavalent Chromium that's seeping from the stainless steel electrodes.

gheuett
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Just a quick update. My car passed the emission test running HHO. Unfortunately, the test in Georgia does not give actual results other than pass/fail in each of the test areas.

Thanks,
Gib

volomike
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Just a quick update. My car passed the emission test running HHO.

I'm so grateful that South Carolina doesn't have emissions testing. That used to frustrate the mess out of me in Virginia -- it was one more reason why I was thrilled to leave that crazy state. Between taxes, trick stoplights (crazy timing), crazy drivers, crazy street signs, and crazy emissions testing, I couldn't stand the place anymore.

rmptr
07-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Gib,

That's great news, any way you look at it!

Congrats!

Best

redrat100
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Just a quick update. My car passed the emission test running HHO. Unfortunately, the test in Georgia does not give actual results other than pass/fail in each of the test areas.

Thanks,
Gib

Gib- What is your HHO generator set up and did you have an EFIE installed when they smogged it?

Thanks!