PDA

View Full Version : How much electricity?

mangyhyena
09-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Ok, here's the question of the day. How much electricity would it take to make enough HHO to run your vehicle entirely without any other fuel?

If you had a generator under the hood or in the bed of your pickup, what output would the generator have to be capable of to make enough HHO to run the vehicle? 12K? 20K?

Or would it not be possible to run the vehicle purely on HHO at all no matter how much electricity you were capable of producing?

This is a theoretical question. I do understand that a vehicle's electrical system would not be capable of generating kilowatts of electricity. And I do realize that running a generator on gasoline or diesel would defeat the whole purpose of making HHO. Just play along and pretend I've got, say, a magnet motor capable of running a high output generator and tell me what electrical input you would need to turn that juice into fuel to run the motor in a vehicle. Also, what type of electrolyzer would it take to handle that amount of electricity? How would you approach HHO production if you had access to large amounts of electricity on board your vehicle?

Thanks.

mytoyotasucks
09-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok, here's the question of the day. How much electricity would it take to make enough HHO to run your vehicle entirely without any other fuel?

If you had a generator under the hood or in the bed of your pickup, what output would the generator have to be capable of to make enough HHO to run the vehicle? 12K? 20K?

Or would it not be possible to run the vehicle purely on HHO at all no matter how much electricity you were capable of producing?

This is a theoretical question. I do understand that a vehicle's electrical system would not be capable of generating kilowatts of electricity. And I do realize that running a generator on gasoline or diesel would defeat the whole purpose of making HHO. Just play along and pretend I've got, say, a magnet motor capable of running a high output generator and tell me what electrical input you would need to turn that juice into fuel to run the motor in a vehicle. Also, what type of electrolyzer would it take to handle that amount of electricity? How would you approach HHO production if you had access to large amounts of electricity on board your vehicle?

Thanks.

there is website where it shows several peeps that run only on HHO - me and my brother are trying - and they use a huge inverter from 12V to 110V
and i forget the amp, but alot, most are 4 cylinders.

cemkarakurt
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
there is website where it shows several peeps that run only on HHO - me and my brother are trying - and they use a huge inverter from 12V to 110V
and i forget the amp, but alot, most are 4 cylinders.

can you pls tell me the web side to kilincyalcin@yahoo.co.uk

HydroFarmer
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Collecting info from all these sources and the youtube videos under the alternative hydro ideas.. I've concluded that it takes between 3.5-5 litres/min of hho to produce 1hp. This also goes with the info that it takes 12vdc @ 20amps to produce 1 litre/min. this doesn't take into consideration the use of any goodies like a PWM or electrical enhancing devices... this is a ballpark figure work with..