PDA

View Full Version : DIY - Hydrogen Cell - A Phased Approach

tbhavsar
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
After doing some research and Investigation; this has become overwhelming, very exciting and an ambitious project for me. At this time I am going nowhere and hence I decided to have a phased approach to set my expectation for better success rate. Please provide your valuable guidance/input if I missed anything here and/or if I am expecting too much out of this project (FYI – I drive 95 Honda Accord). -Thanks; Tushar

Phase I (Pilot or POC - Proof of Concept Phase ):
a. Use kitchen container to build basic cell (Config: 1/8 gap, -nnnn+nnnn-
Using SS Wall Plates)
b. Measure & Test Output (expected 1 liter per minute gas output)

Phase II:
a. Build appropriate cell Housing (4” PVC Pipe; 8/10 or 12” long);
b. Upgrade SS Plate to 316; 20 Gauge (11 Plate Config)
c. Build Bubbler
d. Connect hoses and Pipe fittings
e. Measure & Test Output (expected 1 liter per minute gas output)

Phase III:
a. Install in Car w/o wiring and pipe fittings (Drive car around to make sure nothing falls apart)
b. Connect wires and hoses
c. Test drive
d. Measure success (MPG improvements)

Phase IV (based on Phase III Success):
a. Add Power with Modulation (PWM)
b. Add EFE – and O2 Sensor Modification
c. Add Air/Fuel Mixture circuit
d. Pressure Switch to disconnect Power supply to stop building excessive pressure

Phase V (Automation):
a. Add Temp Control and Water Cooling / Radiator
b. Add Water level/Float Switch to supply Electrolyte from Reserve tank

mneste8718
06-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Phase I will not yield 1 liter per minute and it will get really hot really fast. SS plate covers apprently aren't thick enough to support all that amperage. I am telling you this now cause when you see a runaway heat problem, it may turn you off from continuing with HHO

tbhavsar
06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Phase I will not yield 1 liter per minute and it will get really hot really fast. SS plate covers apprently aren't thick enough to support all that amperage. I am telling you this now cause when you see a runaway heat problem, it may turn you off from continuing with HHO

Thanks for your feedback;

tbhavsar
06-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Here is my first cell; it is from 11 SS wall plates (config: -nnnnn+nnnn-) with 1/8 spacing.

mneste8718
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Thats pretty much what I tried doing yesterday and today and the heat was insane and it was only at 3 amps. Go figure...

My setup was 10 plates with 8 neutrals

tbhavsar
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Thats pretty much what I tried doing yesterday and today and the heat was insane and it was only at 3 amps. Go figure...

My setup was 10 plates with 8 neutrals

How about putting multiple cell in series; please check this document; read from page 4 onwards.

http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/D9.pdf

Stratous
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
At 3 amps your heat should not have been insane, unless you had it in very little water. My truck runs at 30 amps normally. It gets hot, but 30 amps is alot more than 3. Are you sure your ammeter is working correctly?

mneste8718
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
At 3 amps your heat should not have been insane, unless you had it in very little water. My truck runs at 30 amps normally. It gets hot, but 30 amps is alot more than 3. Are you sure your ammeter is working correctly?

When I say insane, I mean that with a 12v 6amp charger, I get runaway heating. With my other setup in my car, that doesn't happen at all with the charger. I think the container is like 1 or 1.5 quarts/liters

Stratous
06-26-2008, 10:56 PM
How long does it take for the water to get hot and at what temp do you call it run away?

Stratous
06-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Also, it looks from your picture as it your nuetral plates are all connected together. If that is so, then you only have one nuetral plate. All plates in the cell should be isolated from each other unless they actually carry a charge. Positive plates and negative plates can be connected together, but nuetral plates should not be connected together. I may be wrong about the way your picture looks though.

mneste8718
06-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Also, it looks from your picture as it your nuetral plates are all connected together. If that is so, then you only have one nuetral plate. All plates in the cell should be isolated from each other unless they actually carry a charge. Positive plates and negative plates can be connected together, but nuetral plates should not be connected together. I may be wrong about the way your picture looks though.

Thats not my setup, in my setup, I definitely had 8 neutral plates. With 3 amps, I was getting like 120F by my estimation after like 15 minutes. I doubt that this would just stop increasing as time went on....

Stratous
06-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Here is a photo of the cell i am currently building for a customer, its not finished yet, but it should be tomorrow. Its a 9 plate config at 1/16". +nnn-nnn+ . I certainly hope the customer likes it.

hho_underground
06-27-2008, 01:10 AM
...nice bubbler container... ;)

tbhavsar
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM

Stratous,
No, It is my (Tushar') cell; I checked all of the plates using multimeter; nothing is shorted. I am planning to have -nnnn+nnnn- config. Have tried runing multiple cell is series?

Thanks
Tushar

tbhavsar
06-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Stratous,

Also I would like to know, from where you bought radiator and waterpump? thanks in Adv.

Stratous
06-27-2008, 11:54 AM
The unit I am currently using is 4 cells, they are set up in 2 sets of parallel then the 2 sets are wired in series. I got my water pump from harbor frieght and the radiator from advanced auto. I dont use the radiator any more as the aluminum didnt last long, I now use a 20' piece of clear flexible hose as a cool down line.

tbhavsar
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
The unit I am currently using is 4 cells, they are set up in 2 sets of parallel then the 2 sets are wired in series. I got my water pump from harbor frieght and the radiator from advanced auto. I dont use the radiator any more as the aluminum didnt last long, I now use a 20' piece of clear flexible hose as a cool down line.

Thanks Stratous; appreciate your feedback.

tbhavsar
06-28-2008, 08:43 AM

Stratous,

In you design with 2 parallel and 2 series, how does is makes difference? Since the container does not have compartment for each cell. I guess your goal is to improve gas productivity with less heat. Also can you please post your MPG gain or direct me to another post that you may have posted?

Thanks