PDA

View Full Version : map enhancer

hhocavalier
09-29-2008, 05:55 PM
well i installed my map enhancer i made and it works fine, but i do have one question, when im on the freeway cruzing aboute 60 i can tune it down aboute 1/2 a turn of the noob and every thing seems fin car sounds good no pinging but when i get on the gas some it starts to ping, so if i keep the noob about 1/4 of a turn even with my foot in it it dosent ping, so is it ok to keep it aboute 1/2 a turn if im just cruzing and not useing the gas much? I built a 2 stage controller so i was hoping to set one at 1/2 and the other at 1/4. also the car dosent stall till aboute 3/4 of a turn. any info would be great

SpecHunter
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Im in the same boat... I just installed mine this morning .... I`m wondering how much is too much leaning... I dont want to burn up valves / etc.
This is my work vehicle it runs a tank a week easy.

scrode
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
what I do with mine is turn till it starts to stall turn back till it runs smooth ( not much). I have no problem with pinging. but I made a dual one so I can always fall back to the one I have set as the one not for screwing with.

hhocavalier
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
well any farther then 1/4 and it pings if i get on the gas and a boute 3/4 it stalls, so iv just been keeping it at 1/4. i omhed it on my way home to day ad i cutting aboute .5 out, will that equal much in the long run?

scrode
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
what the enhancer mainly does is keep the ecu from making it too rich not just leaning it out. so just put it where you get the smoothest and go from there.