PDA

View Full Version : dry cells and how they compare to others

cosimo
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
has any one ever tested a dry cell ? and how does it compare to others ? I guess I,m just trying to figure which style is the best.

Painless
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Dry cells are definitely the way to go for efficiency. I've experimented with both wet and dry and dry definitely gets my vote.

The biggest benefit to a dry cell is the reduced current leakage around the plates as there really is nowhere for it to happen other than the small holes to allow electrolyte and HHO through.

Check out my thread 'painless experiment in hho' for more info, also check out boyntonstu's excellent amoeba cell.

hygear
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Dry cells are definitely the way to go for efficiency. I've experimented with both wet and dry and dry definitely gets my vote.

The biggest benefit to a dry cell is the reduced current leakage around the plates as there really is nowhere for it to happen other than the small holes to allow electrolyte and HHO through.

Check out my thread 'painless experiment in hho' for more info, also check out boyntonstu's excellent amoeba cell.

Painless is without a doubt correct,I've built several designs and drys are a little more costly but worth it.They only have around 33% energy loss from generated heat compared to most open bath designs that have as much as 65%.

hhonewbie
10-01-2008, 02:49 AM
hygear & Painless

Does the dry cell generate more HHO than the wet cell?

hygear
10-01-2008, 06:06 AM
hygear & Painless

Does the dry cell generate more HHO than the wet cell?

I think it's safe to say the jury is still out on that one,I will say that the tero design I'm running now has more output per amp draw than the smacks design I previously built.

Hope this helps out

Roland Jacques
10-01-2008, 08:02 AM
In gerneral yes, "dry cells" do put out more HHO than "wet cells" / amps. But that is not writen in stone.

SpecHunter
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Anybody have any links or pix of these ameoba / tero designs?
sure would be nice to know what u guys are talkin about,lol