PDA

View Full Version : 87 to 93 Mustang 5.0

Atm0spher
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
any one tried hho on the stang. i have one i am working on now and want to know what everyone has found to be pros and cons.

88stang23
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
yo i have an 88 lx that im currently trying to convert. i have the designs pretty well set out. the wiring and hose routing and even the efie placement. ill tell you about any findings. tho i cant garuntee anything in the near future.

gashead
06-05-2009, 11:04 AM
the ford eec-iv is hard to trick, ive had no luck yet with mpgs, but the engine is smoother

marauderx
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Any one having good results with the 5.0 Ford with EECIV? What are you doing to get them. We have an awesome design that is putting out some gas, but like everyone, we are contending with heat.

koya1893
04-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Any one having good results with the 5.0 Ford with EECIV? What are you doing to get them. We have an awesome design that is putting out some gas, but like everyone, we are contending with heat.

first let me say, not everyone is dealing with heat. Also, if your design is awesome you should not be dealing with heat. I can guess that your cell has 2 or 3 and maybe even 4 bipolar plates and the holes are aligned, if not they are big which promote voltage leakage.

As far, as Ford system, they the easyest to fool the (ECU) even the newer wide band models. do you research on EFIE (digital version) that handles all the o2 and not bother with the MAF enhancer.

marauderx
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
But lots of potential, we are making gas, and there is so much info, it is hard to filter through the swamp of info. OK, we are using a recirculating wet cell, with a bubbler, two plates wrapped in SS wool, pressed and held apart by a 3/16, with 3.75 ml of 100% KOH per liter of filtered water. My single unit on my ranger is pulling 23-25 Amps, and have about 3/4 liter per minute. We have huge surface area in our units, but have to control them with electrolyte concentration. I can draw 50A in a heartbeat with additional KOH, while actually making gas, a fair amount...

koya1893
04-19-2011, 07:11 AM
But lots of potential, we are making gas, and there is so much info, it is hard to filter through the swamp of info. OK, we are using a recirculating wet cell, with a bubbler, two plates wrapped in SS wool, pressed and held apart by a 3/16, with 3.75 ml of 100% KOH per liter of filtered water. My single unit on my ranger is pulling 23-25 Amps, and have about 3/4 liter per minute. We have huge surface area in our units, but have to control them with electrolyte concentration. I can draw 50A in a heartbeat with additional KOH, while actually making gas, a fair amount...

I suggest you focus on building a dry cell. Your cell is old tech and draws a lot of amps for the amount of HHO you it is producing. configure them like so: -NNNNN+ I am running a single cell on my wife's Town Car with 4.6 liter, inducing 1.5 lpm without any electronics. I think that's the ideal lpm for Fords without treating the O2. the Town Car has four and still gets 25-30% mpg increase. Talk about tq at low to mid range.