PDA

View Full Version : Im pretty sure I have a wideband

hydroxygen.org
10-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 manual trany, I have installed an HHO device. My 1st O2 sensor has like 5 wires (Wideband) There doesnt seem to be any help at all for a wideband sensors, am I wrong? I'm noticing great gas mileage on my scangauge of +/- 50 MPG average but my overall fuel economy is remaining dismal. Im convinced I need more than my MAF sensor enhancer, some type of EFEI but there seem to be none on ebay or anything that can help aa WIDEBAND sensor, HELP!!!!:eek:

hygear
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 manual trany, I have installed an HHO device. My 1st O2 sensor has like 5 wires (Wideband) There doesnt seem to be any help at all for a wideband sensors, am I wrong? I'm noticing great gas mileage on my scangauge of +/- 50 MPG average but my overall fuel economy is remaining dismal. Im convinced I need more than my MAF sensor enhancer, some type of EFEI but there seem to be none on ebay or anything that can help aa WIDEBAND sensor, HELP!!!!:eek:

You can start by checking your voltages,but 5 wire usually spells wideband.I have read that some people are having luck with widebands using a regular efie and using around 50 mv to start,but I've not seen any results posted yet.You can check ZEROFOSSILFUEL site I've heard some talk there's info regarding wideband efies there.

That's all I got good luck

Jaxom
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm not a big fan of "tricking" the computer by fooling with the sensor outputs, but if you're going to do it, why couldn't you just raise the O2 bias voltage slightly? Build a simple adjustable voltage divider powered from a 12v ignition source, and hook it up in place of the reference voltage from the PCM. Set it up so that the bias can be adjusted from say, 2.5-3.0v. Raising the bias voltage will effectively push the sensor signal up by the same amount, without affecting the "shape and clarity" of the signal.

It's just an idea. I don't have a Hemi truck to test it on.