PDA

View Full Version : Improving Performance

blender
06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi All,
I have a question in adding a system to a 5.7 Hemi V8 There is a extra 3/8 vacuum line connection on the throttle body. I have a 1/4 line tapped into the air horn after the filter. Does anyone have any thoughts on making these both 3/8 coming of the unit with a 3/8 fitting going into a tee and then going to the air horn and the vacuum line on the throttlebody.

I have seen so many of these units in different shapes and sizes I am confused. Some have a check valve on them some dont. Some have a piece of 1/4 clear hose run inside of them some don't. I need some input.

I have made a body with a piece of 3" sch 40 pvc with a cap on the bottom glued on and a threaded plug on the top with the gas line out on it and the + & - connections

I have also seen models that have outside fitting running from the top to the bottom with what looks like to be a piece of PEX connectiing them. What does this Do?

Thanks,
Blender

Stratous
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi All,
I have a question in adding a system to a 5.7 Hemi V8 There is a extra 3/8 vacuum line connection on the throttle body. I have a 1/4 line tapped into the air horn after the filter. Does anyone have any thoughts on making these both 3/8 coming of the unit with a 3/8 fitting going into a tee and then going to the air horn and the vacuum line on the throttlebody.

I have seen so many of these units in different shapes and sizes I am confused. Some have a check valve on them some dont. Some have a piece of 1/4 clear hose run inside of them some don't. I need some input.

I have made a body with a piece of 3" sch 40 pvc with a cap on the bottom glued on and a threaded plug on the top with the gas line out on it and the + & - connections

I have also seen models that have outside fitting running from the top to the bottom with what looks like to be a piece of PEX connectiing them. What does this Do?

Thanks,
Blender

Normally the clear tubing you see that runs from top to bottem on the outside is a water level indicator. Some people also build their bubbler so that it resembles the water level indicator.

blender
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY!!!!
SO ITS JUST A SITE GLASS BASICALLY.
Do you have any more pics of your system and to help you with being able to see inside a 1/4 piece of lexan will do the trick sned me the size of the box and your address and I get 1 sent out to you if you need it.

Do I need a check valve on the system and how do you measure how much gas it makes?

Thanks