PDA

View Full Version : pwm help

gizzy
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
:confused:I have a pwm that I installed the other day and it works great. I ran it for an hour and I had minimal heat. I have it hooked up to a regulater and a 30amp fuse. What happened was my battery drained over night with the ignition off. It was draining current but, not to my generators. I really don't know what could of happened here. I'm getting ready to install a toggle switch. Can any one help?

LoveToSail
10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
:confused:I have a pwm that I installed the other day and it works great. I ran it for an hour and I had minimal heat. I have it hooked up to a regulater and a 30amp fuse. What happened was my battery drained over night with the ignition off. It was draining current but, not to my generators. I really don't know what could of happened here. I'm getting ready to install a toggle switch. Can any one help?

Install the toggle anyways so that you can turn off the unit when you want too..

Also, wire up a relay switch to your Oil Sending Unit. That way it only operates when the engine is running. Using the relay switch also isolates the current from the Oil Sending Unit circuit.

gizzy
10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Install the toggle anyways so that you can turn off the unit when you want too..

Also, wire up a relay switch to your Oil Sending Unit. That way it only operates when the engine is running. Using the relay switch also isolates the current from the Oil Sending Unit circuit.

I heard of a system out there that they use the oil sending unit. Interesting thought, but the wire gauge from the unit appears to be 12 or 14. Also isn't the voltage dropped down to around 5v.

HHO King
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I would wire in a relay and switch also. I would also find a wire that is only hot in "Run" and use this wire to energize the coil when the key is turned on.

Or you can buy a prebuilt unit with a relay,switch, gauge and cooling fan from pwm power or extreme hho . The one at extreme hho (http://www.extremehho.com) is the most practical.