PDA

View Full Version : Which Plates Produce the Best Hydrogen

ShowMeHHO
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I have been studying the different plate configurations and seen where some have said the neutral plates is where the good hydrogen comes from and have read it said that it comes from the negatives .
I see cells with + - + - + - no neutrals at all then there is + n n - n n + or + n - n + yet when they post the results most of the time they are much the same ....
I have also seen mentioned where there is the quality of hydrogen gas being produced and I think this question really is focused on that as if that statement I read is true I am really wanting to produce a purer gas .
There again this is based on things over the last 8 months I read and we all know just because we read it doesn't make it so .
Any advice would be appreciated

VanHalen
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
If you had unlimited amps to use, then a setup of continuous +-+- would produce best I'm pretty sure. But adding neutral plates drop amps, splits volts(but so does adding plates), and reduces heat. They don't produce as much, but the do produce. They are powered by the electrolyte in the water. I think the ideal plate config for a single cell is +NNNNN- because the volts per plate is evenly split, and the neutrals drop heat and amps. If you want to extend it, -NNNNN+NNNNN- would be a good series option.