PDA

View Full Version : Air/fuel Gauge

SpecHunter
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I just ordered an air/fuel gauge that will be in Monday. From what I`ve seen... this thing is a must. It gives realtime feedback and will eliminate alot of guesswork for 02 sensor tuning.

Boltazar
10-05-2008, 07:14 PM
where did you get yours

SpecHunter
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
where did you get yours

I ordered mine from Oreilly`s auto parts... Autozone should have them .... napa too. mine was 54 bux .:) just google " air fuel gauges

JonDoh
10-06-2008, 02:45 AM
just bought mine from Advance Auto $32 tax included.... ebay's got 'em for bout $25 shipped...

I saw a schematic to build one of these from somewhere but can't remember...... Anybody know where's a diagram for one??/

SpecHunter
10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
just bought mine from Advance Auto $32 tax included.... ebay's got 'em for bout $25 shipped...

I saw a schematic to build one of these from somewhere but can't remember...... Anybody know where's a diagram for one??/

the one I got is a dual. It reads 2 sensors at once. I suppose you could use it to display your signal pre-modified and then modified simultaneously.

freddyhho
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I have a schematics and the page from internet to build one of this little gadgets.

http://www.dbbp.com/

Wyrd_1
03-08-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi there, i build one its really simple
Here:http://www.scirocco.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html howto.

A single one will cost about 14 euro a double 20
Real easy to make.

mobman
06-14-2009, 01:48 AM
I just ordered an air/fuel gauge that will be in Monday. From what I`ve seen... this thing is a must. It gives realtime feedback and will eliminate alot of guesswork for 02 sensor tuning.

Hmmm...I think a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge is much better...I got one for performance reasons but it is 100000 times better than a regular narrow band a/f gauge! The main reason is because a narrowband will only give you info about a stock A/F mix whereas a wideband will give you info on a much broader "modified" a/f ratio mix...such as either too rich or too lean.

OUScooby
06-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Hmmm...I think a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge is much better...I got one for performance reasons but it is 100000 times better than a regular narrow band a/f gauge! The main reason is because a narrowband will only give you info about a stock A/F mix whereas a wideband will give you info on a much broader "modified" a/f ratio mix...such as either too rich or too lean.

Agreed, there is no point in having an AFR gauge unless you have a wideband gauge WITH a wideband 02 sensor. A narrowband gauge with narrowband 02 sensor is useless. A wideband gauge with narrowband 02 senosor will only tell you if you're rich or lean, where as a wideband gauge with a wideband 02 sensor will give you an actual AFR.

cmac0351
06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Are these air/fuel gauges reliable once hho is in the mix? I thought the presence of hho and the more efficient burn confuses the o2 sensor. If the o2 sensor is giving false readings, won't the gauge also?

Then if you manipulate the o2 further with an EFIE....

mobman
06-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Are these air/fuel gauges reliable once hho is in the mix? I thought the presence of hho and the more efficient burn confuses the o2 sensor. If the o2 sensor is giving false readings, won't the gauge also?

Then if you manipulate the o2 further with an EFIE....

Well the wideband o2 is an auxillary "added" sensor that only monitors your EG and sends its signal to the wideband gauge - it does not control anything in your car per say so tapping into it with an EFIE would be useless. I have yet to run my cell in my car to see what my wideband will show my guess is it will show CRAZY rich hehehehehehe :D

I am actually getting an AEM FIC to further control the fuel/ignition and timing maps on a laptop...I bet mr. scooby here can sing u a song about that ;)