PDA

View Full Version : 99 Ford F250 5.4L triton 4x4

lowriderjj
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I just did my first 40 mile test of smack design booster i built and can't believe the results. My truck has always gotten 12.5 mpg so i was hoping for maybe 15 with the smack but guess what, I am getting 19.9 MPG with no mods to engine. Booster isn't even broke in yet.
Running at about .8 lpm at 22amps. (I was too lazy to sand plates and indent them (but i will now!). THANKS SMACK:):)

F150
10-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Can I ask where you plumbed in the hho? any pics?

solo33
10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Congrads....I assume you haven't put extenders on the o2 sensers. Do constant gas milage tests and see if your computer starts reseting itself and your milage drops. I'm very curious to know! Thank.

lowriderjj
10-20-2008, 04:41 AM
obd II has gotten smart to my smack unit and my mpg has dropped to 14.5 mpg. I'm going to start with o2 extenders and see if that helps. Electonics is not my bag so don't know what else I can do on my own. However, thats still a 16 percent rise in mpg

lowriderjj
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
o2 extenders did nothing for me but set cel's. Drilled both extenders to 1/2 inch on end and then made a little bigger to no avail. I have now ordered a digital efie and will be installing that

HALS-GUNSMITHING
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I just did my first 40 mile test of smack design booster i built and can't believe the results. My truck has always gotten 12.5 mpg so i was hoping for maybe 15 with the smack but guess what, I am getting 19.9 MPG with no mods to engine. Booster isn't even broke in yet.
Running at about .8 lpm at 22amps. (I was too lazy to sand plates and indent them (but i will now!). THANKS SMACK:):)

Keep me posted on how well the efie works for you.

Super Fuel FX
11-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm working on a MAF enhancer with a Master Mechanic, and will post results, if any. Great to hear that you have positive results with HHO! That gives me even more incentive to try it on my F150. I kinda figured that you would see diminished returns after a short time. Keep us all posted!

Ride-4-Fun
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi all,
We all hear a lot of different things and during our pursuit to getting this stuff going some true and unfortunately a lot more has been a waste of time leaving us exhausted/frustrated. I would like to offer up ideas I have herd on the computers. On newer cars reset the computer. There are different shut down procedures for each model. I was told that it will readjust to the parameters with the HHO when it is initialized with it. For older cars there is a memory keep alive wire that can be interrupted on shutdown with a solenoid. I would like to see someone try that. If the thing worked and the computer adjusted it away, force the computer to start from it's original parameters every time you turn the key on.
I own several vehicles but actually purchased a Suzuki Samurai to get this to work thinking it would be simpler and even that thing with a carburetor has issues. I will post complete results for viewing when done.

55blue
03-17-2009, 07:17 AM
I have been playing with an HHO system that started with W4G and has progressed to a 4 plate system in each of 3 jars.( all I have room for under the hood) The plates are 2" X 4.25" and used as wet cell design. They will all draw 8+ amps on a bench test as individuals with a battery charger putting out 12.6 V My volume of HHO has increased slowly as I have tried different wiring and electrolyte configurations. Right now they are in series, sharing the available voltage and drawing 9 amps. The jars all look like they are on a slow boil when power is on so I think the volume of gas is adequate to at least show me some gains. I don't have a flow meter to show me actual lpm. I am also using a bubbler to add water vapor to enhance what the 5.4 L engine is running on.
I have even added EFFIE's but the results are very limited. (10%) Over all,the EFFIE's didn't actually gain me anything. I started about 250 mV and progressed to 460 mV and each time the OBII just beat me. The biggest gain has been in a clean burning engine as evidences by the clean tail pipe even after 2 tanks of fuel run through without leaving the city limits and not exceeding 70 kph (30 mph) Small consideration when taking in the time and effort. I like my truck well enough but it's a gas hog and averages between 15 and 16 miles per imperial gallon which would put me in the 12 - 14 mpg when using a US gallon.
Currently I am waiting on someone else's efforts with a MAF controller before I try to build one of my own. I am a bit afraid of doing it for a couple of reasons, the chief one being damaging my engine by leaning it out too much in an effort to get in the 20 mpg range. About the only hope I have left is if there becomes a reliable way to trick the OBII.
I just tried pulling the battery to force it to accept the HHO as part of it's fuel but as yet I don't have any reliable results to post. Maybe someone could tell me how long I have to leave the battery disconnected to de-brain the OBII. I do know that it ran very poorly for about 6 miles after reconnecting so I am assuming it reset/re-programmed itself.
There is a lot of interesting reading here and it seems a lot of it is way beyond where I am at.
The system SHOULD work. I think we just have to find a Ford engineer who can come up with a way of altering the programing of the OBII before this gas guzzling hog I have will ever get into the 20 mpg range!
Have fun everyone.