PDA

View Full Version : KoH added to baking soda??

JonDoh
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm currently using baking soda, vinegar in water as my electrolyte solution.... If I add KoH into the solution I have now, will it effect the electrolyte?? Like Blow up? Bubble over? Bad Gas? No Gas?

Like when I add baking soda into the vinegar & water it fizzes for a sec.

What will the KoH do if I add with water, vinegar & baking soda?

Painless
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Vinegar is an acid and KOH a base, adding the KOH to the vinegar will probably decrease the efficiency. Effectively, they will neutralise each other.

cully
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
KOH is an alkaline ,vinegar is an acid mix them both and 1 will neutraliz the the other

you should not mix acids and bases because it will be a violent reaction somtimes depending on the chemicals poisonuse gases are relesed

JonDoh
10-09-2008, 02:59 AM
SO basically.... if i decide to change my electrolyte solution I have to drain the current solution then replace with water/KoH...

Once I add the KoH I don't have to add anymore KoH as long as I'm using the gen?

hg2
10-09-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm currently using baking soda, vinegar in water as my electrolyte solution.... If I add KoH into the solution I have now, will it effect the electrolyte?? Like Blow up? Bubble over? Bad Gas? No Gas?

Like when I add baking soda into the vinegar & water it fizzes for a sec.

What will the KoH do if I add with water, vinegar & baking soda?

You definiatly need to lose the baking soda,I'd rather run my cell on pee.Koh will give you good performance,and monitor your amps as to how and when to add more koh.If you are to switch to koh clean and rinse your cell with distilled water before you convert over.

JonDoh
10-09-2008, 06:32 AM
^^^^ yea... that'll be a lot of work

I'll try it on my next install