PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Using HHO

dennis13030
06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have some ideas they could share with me concerning the use of HHO gas as a heating source. I understand that the flame from a HHO torch has some special properties when it is used with other materials(melts or vaporizes almost anything).

So if a small flow of HHO gas can produce extreme temperatures when used with tungsten or other materials, then it seems that it could work well to heat a home or other things.

The making of the gas is not an issue. It's safe extraction of the heat that is critical. What materials to use, moving the heat to the air(for heating a home), cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety all need to be addressed.

Ideas and suggestions are needed.

Stratous
06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have some ideas they could share with me concerning the use of HHO gas as a heating source. I understand that the flame from a HHO torch has some special properties when it is used with other materials(melts or vaporizes almost anything).

So if a small flow of HHO gas can produce extreme temperatures when used with tungsten or other materials, then it seems that it could work well to heat a home or other things.

The making of the gas is not an issue. It's safe extraction of the heat that is critical. What materials to use, moving the heat to the air(for heating a home), cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety all need to be addressed.

Ideas and suggestions are needed.

Making the gas with electricity will take more energy than what you can get from it. Perhaps if you could find a way to capture the heat generated while making the gas.

timetowinarace
06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Making the gas with electricity will take more energy than what you can get from it. Perhaps if you could find a way to capture the heat generated while making the gas.

My earlier thread addressed this.

Heat an electrolite solution through electrolysis and a HHO flame. Use the electrolite solution to transfer heat through heated floor or radiator system.

Another benifit to this proccess would be the ability to add a solar collecter system to heat the solution during the day.

dennis13030
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Efficiency does matter. If it take more energy to produce the gas than it takes to heat a home, then it is not worth it. I guess I would need to know that while using a good elecrolyzer how does the electrical energy(in kWHs) compare to the thermal energy(in BTUs). Does anyone know this? Things get weird with this because the achieved temperature is variable depending on the material applied(like tungsten).

diablosdemon
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
check out Stan Meyer's (an original water car guru) technical papers and drafts, he has a concept for a retrofit HHO furnace. http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/Stan_Meyer_Full_Data.pdf