PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping the cell DC-DC power supply

lsone85
06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Wrapping the cell

I have seen on another forum that some people have wrapped there cells in shrink wrap. Has any one tried this? Also just a thought, if the cells max usable voltage is 2~2.4volts would a dc to dc step down power supply work. I’m thinking if you bring the input voltage to the cell down to 2 volts or so and kept the amps up if that would help the heat problem. And one last thing would wrap wire around the cell and passing a pulse through it help? I have read on this forum that the bubbles are charge. Would this dislodge the bobbles from the plates?

timetowinarace
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I would think it better to use six cells in series to drop the voltage to 2V + across each cell. That is essentialy what is hapening when neutral plates are added, but six independant cells would be better for production.

So, in my opinion, it would be better to use neutral plates in a single cell or use series cells. I believe neutral plates are popular because of size constraints where a single small cell is needed.

I've heard of wraping a coil around a cell before but I'm unsure of it's purpose and others who built the same cell claimed output was the same without the coil. ??? Some have used vibrating motors to dislodge bubbles and there are other ideas also. Vaccum is popular. I haven't attempted anything for that purpose yet.

Stratous
06-28-2008, 07:14 PM
vaccume is great for production. I just recently started messing around with vaccume on my cells. The output is almost double on vaccume vs normal pressure. I dont know why it works so well, but it does.

lsone85
06-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks guys for you input. But Stratus I do have a question. When using vacuum how do you measure the output? The way I have been measuring output is with an o2 in line liter meter.

Thanks Guys

Ronjinsan
06-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi, lemme answer that one. I have been on a vacuum for a long time now and it certainly works very well. The closest answer I can give, having watched it closely for periods of time is that the vacuum PULLS the bubbles off the plates very quickly therefore the plate has more free surface area to produce from. Its the only answer I can come up with!!! Oh and if you do go to vacuum you will not be able to measure your output again unlees you have a meter in the output pipe from the container. Theoretically, after the revs have settled down the only thing that can come through that pipe is HHO....right!

Stratous
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Yea, i was just guessing that it was double because I can watch the bubbles in the bubbler, they speed up ALOT while under vaccume.

lsone85
06-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Hay thanks guys I will try it, because I am trying to go into the throttle body intake but I have a Saab turbo. And at idle there is tons of pressure on the inlet pipe (Hard plastic) any HHO that I am producing cannot go in. I even tried putting the input before the turbo input and even at that location there is a 2~5 lpm pressure.